Sign in to follow this  
lolsokje

Can't install into FSX Steam Edition

Recently I had to reinstall Windows because I made a mistake with the Windows 10 preview. This also meant I had to reinstall both FSX and FSX:SE, including the add-ons, of which the 737 NGX Base Package is one. I had no problem installing the aircraft into FSX, but when I run the installer again to install into FSX:SE, I only get the options to repair or remove the 737 NGX. Just to be sure I downloaded the add-on again, so I do have the latest version. Last time I tried installing into FSX:SE I had no problem. I already ran all four SimConnect installers, just in case that could be an issue. Any idea what I could do?

The installer has probably detected some file that was left over from when you had it installed into FSX:MS. Why dont you just select 'remove' and try installing it again?

Any idea what I could do?

You sure you were using the latest, FSX:SE-compatible installer of the NGX?

Kyle Rodgers

I'm 100% sure, as I just removed and reinstalled the 737. It gave me the option to install in FSX or FSX:SE, and I installed to both. It has installed in both versions as I can load the aircraft in both of them, but for some reason only the FSX version is showing up in the Operation Center. When I select it, it does say that I have the FSX normal version installed, but I can't do anything for the FSX:SE version. Any idea how to fix that?

Any idea how to fix that?

Registry mechanic - I don't have a link to it at the moment, as I'm at the day job.

Submit a ticket at the link in my sig, and maybe Ryan or Paul can jump on it earlier than I can.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, will do. Already opened a ticket for the first issue, but will reply with this issue then. Thanks for the help.

I'm curious to know what are the issues with loading the 783ng into FSX:SE. I have recently rebuilt my PC and have a SE only build now. But I have not downloaded a new copy of the installer, will it not run or what is at stake. I think from memory I have installed the plane, but haven't run it yet.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

I'm curious to know what are the issues with loading the 783ng into FSX:SE. I have recently rebuilt my PC and have a SE only build now. But I have not downloaded a new copy of the installer, will it not run or what is at stake. I think from memory I have installed the plane, but haven't run it yet.

To be honest, unless you download the latest installer you're just asking for trouble. Grab the newest installer and avoid the issues altogether.

Kyle Rodgers

Guest JustanotherPilot

Im having the same problem. Registry entries and paths appear correct, Installer downloaded 5 mins before installation attempt. Ticket submitted to PMDG, but would be nice to get a 'quick' reply. I'm not going to uninstall the FSX version with the multitude of liveries if there is no guarantee this will fix the issue.

pmdgrepair_zps62awrq7d.jpg

Im having the same problem. Registry entries and paths appear correct, Installer downloaded 5 mins before installation attempt. Ticket submitted to PMDG, but would be nice to get a 'quick' reply. I'm not going to uninstall the FSX version with the multitude of liveries if there is no guarantee this will fix the issue.

Fully uninstall the original product in FSX. Then install the FSX:SE compatible installer. By default, it will then install into both platforms (or whichever one you have installed).

Kyle Rodgers