Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Turbine Duke V2 - losing mouse pointer function in flight

This whole issue is a very sporadic thing. I had been dealing with it for years since the first more advanced aircraft have come out. Sometimes everything is fine for days and even weeks and then all of a sudden the problem happens out of the blue. You can change views and a host of other things and it seemingly solves the problem and then it happens again.

In the end the lights setting solves the problem for just about everyone so that must be the true issue.

Of course you might be one of the outliers where it's caused by some other issue.

Well today convinced me to permanently deselect the 3D lights for this TDv2. Two hour flight and constantly lost the interactive pointer. If you are interested, the most frequent action to bring it back was to toggle on and off the FSX menu bar. This in full screen mode. I do not fly in windowed mode. I did try some of that today to see if it would make any difference.  It did. In windowed mode I never, not once, got the interactive pointer back.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

if you are using ezdok also double check that your view hasn't moved back a bit into the seat (slide it forward a tiny bit)...visually you can't see anything unusual in this case but the inside of the headrest can be collecting all the clicks.

cheers

-andy crosby

This is most likely the cause.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

This is most likely the cause.

Do not (never have) use EZdok here.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Do not (never have) use EZdok here.

make sure all the gauge listings are numbered correctly in the panel.cfg file for each section, then if still not fixed, delete the camera sections in the aircraft.cfg file. doing both fixed the loss of clickspots for me. Are you still having this problem?

Disable the 3D landing lights in the Turbine Duke V2 Configuration program (the standalone configuration program, not the installer). This is a well documented issue for a number of users.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Disable the 3D landing lights in the Turbine Duke V2 Configuration program (the standalone configuration program, not the installer). This is a well documented issue for a number of users.

You do not have to lose that feature. The solution is as I explained to make sure your gauges are numbered correctly in the panel.cfg and then to remove all the camera settings from the aircraft.cfg file

I just reinstalled the duke v2 and the same thing happened with a loss of clickspots until I did those 2 steps

Also unrelated to this but to correct the error in the contact points, the aircraft.cfg has a contact_points error one of the numbers on the first point.0 line is 3,1 and should be 3.1

I have a small issue with the radios not turning off, my avionics and battery are off but I still hear radio transmissions.

then to remove all the camera settings from the aircraft.cfg file

What is the effect of doing this?  What then is lost with the model when these are removed?

Can I PM you my panel.cfg file? My gauges are in order from 01 to 23, no gaps, so I would like to know what numbering issue you refer to.

I will point out that I have with my system also had significant issues with the 3rd party landing lights included in a couple of MilViz GA models.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

What is the effect of doing this?  What then is lost with the model when these are removed?

Can I PM you my panel.cfg file? My gauges are in order from 01 to 23, no gaps, so I would like to know what numbering issue you refer to.

I will point out that I have with my system also had significant issues with the 3rd party landing lights included in a couple of MilViz GA models.

Do you use the default avionics? They should start gauge00 and count up from there. I use RealityXP and had to re-number them

Also in the aircraft.cfg you have to remove the camera sections

Then it "should" fix the loss of mouse control in the vc.

I had the same loss of clickspots in other aircraft like Milviz and A2A and doing these steps fixed it (but for A2A I lost the camera sections so I lost the walk around ability)

Did you contact RealAir to inform them about your findings and what was their response?

Did you contact RealAir to inform them about your findings and what was their response?

Do not remember if I emailed my findings to Rob. I did post a reply to him stating what I found in the Duke v2 topic one time.

Also in the aircraft.cfg you have to remove the camera sections

I asked earlier when I asked multiple questions, but you did not answer this question. What all will I lose (details please) if I delete or remove the camera sections? I have no experience with doing anything to cameras.

Frank Patton
ASUS