Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

W10 rollout begins.

I have been using the preview build

With fsx and pr3d with no problems for the last month.

Ted Kiser

I have been using the preview build

With fsx and pr3d with no problems for the last month.

Ted Kiser

But... but.... I thought it was supposed to eat your first born and publish your identity and credit card number online before self immolating using your GPU as the ignition source?

:ph34r:

But... but.... I thought it was supposed to eat your first born and publish your identity and credit card number online before self immolating using your GPU as the ignition source?

:ph34r:

Yep, reading this forums I'm not surprised you've got that impression :P ..... But now seriously, I've been using for a few months now, and it is great. The performance I get is the same as with Windows 8 and 7, no big changes ;)

Cheers!

Yep, reading this forums I'm not surprised you've got that impression :P ..... But now seriously, I've been using for a few months now, and it is great. The performance I get is the same as with Windows 8 and 7, no big changes ;)

I think he means the keylogger Microsoft built into the technical previews... I installed the preview as well, but I refrain from doing any kind of "login" activity that would involve typing a password using Windows 10 until the RTM version is installed and the keylogger gone.

Nevertheless, I'm glad you're enjoying it! Waiting to install my copy on a my work-only computer tomorrow! (sticking to win7 for my gaming desktop)

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I think he means the keylogger Microsoft built into the technical previews... I installed the preview as well, but I refrain from doing any kind of "login" activity that would involve typing a password using Windows 10 until the RTM version is installed and the keylogger gone.

Nevertheless, I'm glad you're enjoying it! Waiting to install my copy on a my work-only computer tomorrow! (sticking to win7 for my gaming desktop)

:rolleyes: Don't worry, I always wear my tinfoil hat when I use my pc. That way I have nothing to worry about. 

The "keylogger" remains unless you turn it off.

See this: http://imgur.com/3ReF7sv (I know it's a silly montage, but it has some real information.)

The "keylogger" remains unless you turn it off.

Hmm... wow. Thanks for the link; very surprising how much usage info is sent through Microsoft.

I could care less about them seeing who I have on Facebook, but I'm more interested in disabling that "share your keystrokes with Microsoft to help improve products and services." Hopefully after release some experts will find a way around it.

Else next time I make an FSX / P3D addon purchase, I'll be using my iPad to punch in credit card numbers or log into PayPal :P

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Hmm... wow. Thanks for the link; very surprising how much usage info is sent through Microsoft.

I could care less about them seeing who I have on Facebook, but I'm more interested in disabling that "share your keystrokes with Microsoft to help improve products and services." Hopefully after release some experts will find a way around it.

You cannot disable it:

ST1CCk2.png

Also, if you try to disable it via the Group Policy Editor, it just automatically turns it back on UNLESS you're using W10 Enterprise.

MS has released W10 standalone ISOs, for people who want to clean install: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Thanks for that! I am 50% downloading the Win10.iso file now. I have seven PCs to update, and can't see wasting bandwidth to d/l seven times! :shok:

This way I can "upgrade" totally at my convenience, and try one at a time starting with my laptop.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, 

not my gaming PC, but my ASUS laptop with 8.1 was just upgraded to 10 Pro, and all went smooth and clear.

All installed application running just fine - mostly networking and security stuff used at the office :-)

Looking fwd to see how it goes with my home PC, and Prepar3dv2, Aerowinx PSX ( Java-based ) and IL2 Battle of Stalingrad tonight ;-)

Really like the new feel of Win10, with it's redesigned interface - looks great!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Make sure you read this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications page before installing.  Particularly the 'Deprecation' section.  I would also really be curious if anyone is successfully running  FS9 with disk 4 in the drive (of course, any other method is a violation of the EULA), but still...

DJ

So a free OS with a built in keylogger and bandwidth stealing torrent client, Mmm I might just stick with Win7 a while longer.