Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

W10 rollout begins.

Thanks for that! I am 50% downloading the Win10.iso file now. I have seven PCs to update, and can't see wasting bandwidth to d/l seven times! :shok:

This way I can "upgrade" totally at my convenience, and try one at a time starting with my laptop.

Bill, careful. I'm sorry but I don't know if you need to first upgrade to "activate" your W7/8.1 key into a W10 key, I haven't tried out this utility yet.

Thanks Diego - but it doesnt say which version of windows it is - Pro ?

If you download the tool you can install both Home or Pro, 32 or 64 bit. It gives you the option to create either.

Bill, careful. I'm sorry but I don't know if you need to first upgrade to "activate" your W7/8.1 key into a W10 key, I haven't tried out this utility yet.

If you download the tool you can install both Home or Pro, 32 or 64 bit. It gives you the option to create either.

Thanks figured it out after downloading tool - should be good to go - fresh install at a later date - no need at the moment

Rich Sennett

I apologize for bringing this up again, but now that the official version of Win 10 is out, can anyone confirm that they removed the keystroke logger?

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I apologize for bringing this up again, but now that the official version of Win 10 is out, can anyone confirm that they removed the keystroke logger?

There's a list of whatever of the keyloggers remained here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3f218f/windows_10_thread_confirmed_malware_edition/

Diego should I load this over the very last final pushed build - would this update windows 10 to the latest and greatest without a fresh rebuild - any advantage or leave it alone until I do a fresh format install on my system - thanks

Rich Sennett

Diego should I load this over the very last final pushed build - would this update windows 10 to the latest and greatest without a fresh rebuild - any advantage or leave it alone until I do a fresh format install on my system - thanks

I would always do a clean install. What do you have right now? Are you on the Insider Program?

I would always do a clean install. What do you have right now? Are you on the Insider Program?

Hi Diego - yes latest insider before this RTM release - just curious can this be loaded and not disrupt my current install like the insider pushes -thanks :)

Rich Sennett

Hi Diego - yes latest insider before this RTM release - just curious can this be loaded and not disrupt my current install like the insider pushes -thanks :)

I'm not too sure how the transition from Preview to RTM works. I would just do a clean install using the tool provided by Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I'm not too sure how the transition from Preview to RTM works. I would just do a clean install using the tool provided by Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I download the iso - ready to go but not ready to do a a fresh install just yet - probably should wait until I have to I guess

Rich Sennett

May want to have a look at this page too for the data they collect and how it's collected..

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/default.aspx

Pivot

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Can't see anything there that is any different from any other os before it. Am I missing something? There seems to be a great paranoia about windows 10.

Chris

Ps this isn't aimed at any one person, it is a genuine comment.

There are numerous threads around that seem to be scaremongering about windows 10. I don't see anything that is different in the way data is handled to other oses. Standard personal security procedures should always apply along with some common sense when using any os and internet capable device.

If you are an Insider and you updated to Preview Build 10240, then you have the latest bits.  There's no need to install the Windows 10 ISO since it is also 10240.  As an insider, your machine remains authenticated, so you're good to go.  Not sure I've read anything to the contrary, but I can certainly be proven wrong :)

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

If you have no water mark in lower right hand corner you have 10240 - to prove it you can go to search and type in winver

Rich Sennett

Precisely.  Insiders on B10240 will get all the updates that General Availability users get, plus test updates sometime soon once Microsoft resumes Insider Preview builds.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

May want to have a look at this page too for the data they collect and how it's collected..

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/default.aspx

Pivot

All you have to do in this regard is to be sure you click "Customize Settings" instead of "Express Settings" during the W10 installation, and turn off anything that sends data to MS.