Sign in to follow this  
vegasjon

Possible 787 development? Maybe crowdfund?

Why is it a surpirse to you or cause of capitals use that they're STILL working on it from 2012? As you can read on this same thread PMDG has been working since then on the DC and it's STILL not ready... Let's not have double standards here, this takes a LOT of work....

Guys - I already addressed this. Knock it off.

Kyle Rodgers

QW will release theirs before PMDG could. And there are many models that need the high quality treatment. A 757 and 767! LevelD never followed through with their 757 and the 767 is showing its age, can't even operate the FMC using the virtual cockpit. Great for its day though. So my vote is one of a long list of needed airplanes: 757 or 767, and a 1900C and D, a classic 737, Airbus A350, 778/9, and that would bring us into the next decade! David Lee

The 737 classic is in development by QW. Also I think I know the answer, but is there any chance of PMDG re-writing the JS41 for P3D.

The 787 is my next plane that I REALLY want.  I wished PMDG took on the 787, but now we'll have to wait for QW to put it out.  They do give quarterly updates , but I doubt 2015 will see a 787.  I doubt 2016 will see the 787 either. 

I still need to find a flight school who will let me use their full motion 787 simulator.   

Paul Gugliotta

The 787 is my next plane that I REALLY want.  I wished PMDG took on the 787, but now we'll have to wait for QW to put it out.  They do give quarterly updates , but I doubt 2015 will see a 787.  I doubt 2016 will see the 787 either. 

I still need to find a flight school who will let me use their full motion 787 simulator.   

From their quarterly update it sounds like, it will be out next year. 

I don't own any of QW products, but I do have all of the PMDG acft and CaptSim ones...How do QW compare to PMDG? The thing I like most about the PMDG designs is the avionics and performance realism and functionality...Some devs leave a lot of functions out of their models...How do you think iFly and QW compare with currently available items?

Jon R

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

I don't own any of QW products, but I do have all of the PMDG acft and CaptSim ones...How do QW compare to PMDG? The thing I like most about the PMDG designs is the avionics and performance realism and functionality...Some devs leave a lot of functions out of their models...How do you think iFly and QW compare with currently available items?

Jon R

I flew the BAe Afro RJ models from QW and have to say I was very, very impressed by it.   I haven't flown the 757 of theirs at all.   From what I have read elsewhere the BAe series was quite a step up in the right direction by QW.   I am also very big PMDG fan for all the same reasons you are so systems fidelity very important to me and I liked the RJ's from QW.

The 787 is such a new airplane though that I think it will be sometime still before PMDG tackles it given their already PACKED development schedule.   Cannot wait to see what they have in store over the next five or so years!

Kind regards

Kind regards.