Sign in to follow this  
PinkPony

RTM Win10 FSX DX9 Experience Thread

I would like to start this thread to share peoples experience with the Win10 RTM build released to market today. Specifically for those using FSX and Directx9.

Some posts from the latest beta releases over the past 2-3 weeks suggest that launching FSX was now resulting in the preview screen being black, with some reporting that the black screen persisted even when "fly now" was clicked.

The goal of this thread is to establish if upgrading to the RTM Win10 from Win7 SP1 is causing any issues for FSX/Dx9 users. 

I hope there are none!

I did a clean install of 10240. I got the black screen but when hit fly now it loaded up and worked. To get rid of the black screen I had to check the antiailiasing box but hitting fly now caused a black screen in game. I'm now using dx10 with the fixer and it works fine

I did a clean install of 10240. I got the black screen but when hit fly now it loaded up and worked. To get rid of the black screen I had to check the antiailiasing box but hitting fly now caused a black screen in game. I'm now using dx10 with the fixer and it works fine

A fellow user figured out that running the June 2010 Direct-X User End times after the installation of Win10 solved his black screen issue! Now using Dx9 without issues.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

A fellow user figured out that running the June 2010 Direct-X User End times after the installation of Win10 solved his black screen issue! Now using Dx9 without issues.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

I tried that and it didn't work. My Nvidia inspector profile doesn't work either. I don't know what ms did, but everything was good with technical preview. I'm using steam btw

I tried that and it didn't work. My Nvidia inspector profile doesn't work either. I don't know what ms did, but everything was good with technical preview. I'm using steam btw

That is terrible news. I am thinking that NI not working with the RTM Win10, will probably be solved when it is updated and officially Win10 compatible (looking at the latest release it is not as far as I am aware). 

Regarding Dx9 and the black preview screen, once "fly now" is pressed, everything was looking to be functioning? (Except for NI settings not applying).

By the way, are you running the latest nvidia driver? I know they had a big SNAFU a few days back as the windows automatic update created a mess when trying to update the nvidia driver, which in turn was not Win10 compatible. (Solved with the .62 release)

Looks like I am going to have to wait off until the initial update storm clears. 

Interesting that when the OP asks for RTM opinions, the reply posts are clouded by preview posters.

Guys, it would be nice to see RTM comments only please, otherwise it is pretty much a waste of energy & time scrolling to find RTM postings amongst the chaff that has been posted elsewhere. (similar posts anyway)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Interesting that when the OP asks for RTM opinions, the reply posts are clouded by preview posters.

Guys, it would be nice to see RTM comments only please, otherwise it is pretty much a waste of energy & time scrolling to find RTM postings amongst the chaff that has been posted elsewhere. (similar posts anyway)

what is it with you? You seem like a Debbie downer. Insiders has had the rtm version of Windows 10 for a while now. I have a clean install of the rtm version and I posted about my experience with it. If that doesn't apply to you then you shouldn't be I'm this thread

Preview posters have had the RTM version for weeks now so their comments are 100% valid.

I installed Win 10 and now we can't find Grandma anywhere!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

RTM Working great here.  Make sure to get the latest WHQL nVidia driver.

Cheers

jja

Are you using Nvidia Inspector and Dx9?

If so, can you confirm both are working.

Ive heard in previous Win10 builds EZDOK was not working. Can you comment on the RTM build and EZDOK?

Are you using Nvidia Inspector and Dx9?

If so, can you confirm both are working.

Ive heard in previous Win10 builds EZDOK was not working. Can you comment on the RTM build and EZDOK?

ezdok is working for me. DX9 and NI isnt

Agree, nvidia inspector is not working, so no custom antialias.  Psuedo-fullscreen AHK script is also not working.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr