Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

GTX 690 4 gig Card Running In Sli Perfectly

FWIW, I have never had the loss of SLI by clicking on anything so if you are not getting it, you may not. If you are, I can't help.

@jay - it has been my experience that the SYSTEM fans have very little effect on the GPU UNLESS they are so bad that they allow the internal mobo and case temps to get really hot. Normally the auto settings should do fine, given a well designed system with adequate air movement in the case.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guys, does clicking the menu leave SLI out of sync permanently or is it re-fixable ?

Yes Michael is correct in one sense, if you right click on the screen is does through the Sync out but i only noticed this by monitoring my GPU temps as they went from 73/74 to 55/73. But it recovered in seconds and i didn't notice any drop in performance when out of sync,  so all is good.   

Thank you all for the reply's,  it turned out my PCI fan was not coming at all !!  I opened up my computer and my PCI fan is located (i think) right beside the GPU,  so it would make sense for that to work.   I done exactly the same flight but manually turned up the PCI fan to 60% and its now keeping the temps at 69/71 as apposed to 87/88,  so very happy with this 

Elaine

Nice to meet you too!

I have two GTX 690's in SLI and would be interested to know what settings you are running at? Thanks

Adrian

Hello Adrian.

I have two GTX 690's in SLI

Very nice indeed,  when released in 2012 the 690 was the most powerful card in the world,  so i said to myself, ill have one of those, i cant go wrong there, still a fairly powerful card even in today's standards. 

These are my settings and i have finally got a smooth stutter free Sim.

I don't see the difference in High and Ultra, but yet it takes a wack from the system.  If Water is on high or low,  still looks the same to me.  I Don't bother with Special effects.

20187799171_a40c03cdeb_b.jpg

I have been locking my frames at 32,  takes the pressure of everything and keeps the GPU temps down  

19995542649_1bd47ae38d_b.jpg

Keeping my clouds at 80 as i don't see a difference in 90

19561203633_166f946e3c_b.jpg

I realized when using Active Sky Next that i was getting a stutter with 8 Sparse Grid so i put it down to 4,  but i throw it back up when not using ASN 

20053984049_14fd8125f9_b.jpg

I use Global and Regions only.  Rex-texture + Active Sky Next 

Elaine

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have had my setting much higher which is probably why it hasn't been so smooth. I shall start with your settings and see how it goes.

Thanks again

Adrian