Sign in to follow this  
Skywatcher

How to change AI flight plan?

I downloaded some scenery, the readme came with the info below. How do I get AI traffic to go to this airport? How do I change an AI flight plan?

For add AI Traffic Aircraft you need to change the AI flight plant from the old icao code
WRKK to new icao code WATT.

Mark Daniels

im pretty sure you need the FSX SDK. then the AI traffic manager. im not sure if thats how you do it, but i think its how you start to do it.

you need to decompile the traffic file with TTools or AIFP...then

1. in the flightplans.txt file change every instance of WRKK to WATT.

2. Add WATT to the airports.txt

Then recompile the three files  flightplans.txt/airports.txt/aircraft.txt

If you have not done this before I suggest you read the help notes that are downloaded with the programs.

Peter Schluter

you need to decompile the traffic file with TTools or AIFP...then

1. in the flightplans.txt file change every instance of WRKK to WATT.

2. Add WATT to the airports.txt

Then recompile the three files  flightplans.txt/airports.txt/aircraft.txt

If you have not done this before I suggest you read the help notes that are downloaded with the programs.

Thanks Peter!

I did as you said and it worked perfectly!

If I could ask one more question, a quick guide is fine, I'm happy to do my own legwork once I know which direction to go.

I have another couple of airports that I like but they don't have traffic. SEQM I think was one but isn't a default FS airport. It appears in FS after you install the addon airport. To get traffic there I can see now I can add SEQM to the airports.txt but how do I then generate flight plans there? It isn't part of FS default airports so there would be no flight plans already for it?

Mark Daniels

Sucre (Quito) Airport SEQM  replaced the old Sucre airport. FS9 has the old airport under the code SEQU.  So you could use the same procedure as before to change any existing plans from SEQU to SEQM.

What are you using for your traffic ?  The default FS9 traffic ?

Peter Schluter

Sucre (Quito) Airport SEQM  replaced the old Sucre airport. FS9 has the old airport under the code SEQU.  So you could use the same procedure as before to change any existing plans from SEQU to SEQM.

What are you using for your traffic ?  The default FS9 traffic ?

Great! Thanks! I have a very old copy of Traffic 2005. I haven't updated to anything better because right now I'm just happy to have any AI at airports. I'm concentrating on flying advanced aircraft and exploring the FS world. The eventual plan is to get in depth with understanding how both AI and scenery works in FS. Right now I'm too busy just downloading it, installing and exploring. I hit issues when things don't work exactly as they should. I think SEQM ATC was messed up too and acted as if there was no tower. Been a while since I was there but that was another issue I think I had with that one. I'll get everything sorted eventually, I can solve some issues, I'm computer savvy. There is only so much time in a day and impossible to learn everything at once! lol

Thanks for the help!

Mark Daniels

If your scenery SEQM has no tower frequency you can use the program Airport design Editor ADE to open the afcad and add a tower frequency.

No harm in using an old program for AI. I still use Ultimate Traffic as the tool for my AI, although I have none of the original AI aircraft as I have over the years updated with aircraft from TFS FAIB etc. I also have added hundreds of new airlines and updated the flightplans of original ones too.

Never seem to get the time to fly these days...too busy fiddling !

Peter Schluter

No harm in using an old program for AI. I still use Ultimate Traffic as the tool for my AI, although I have none of the original AI aircraft as I have over the years updated with aircraft from TFS FAIB etc. I also have added hundreds of new airlines and updated the flightplans of original ones too.

Never seem to get the time to fly these days...too busy fiddling !

Thanks again! Haha, yes, I can understand your situation. It's why I'm trying to fly now before I learn about AI!

Mark Daniels