Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Nvidia 353.62 driver - FSX black

I just updated my driver and now FSX is a black screen.  Anybody have that happen to them?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

No.  I think I found it.  Looks like there's a problem with AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4V12 in nVidia Inspector.  I'll try some other settings.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Greg, let us know if you find a solution.  I had a problem when I undocked 2d panels; when I dragged them onto my 2nd monitor, they went black.  I was forced to roll-back my drivers, which restored normal operations...keep us advised...

Matt King

With new drivers, best to delete the section related to the GPU in the FSX.cfg and possibly to delete the stored temporary shader files. 

Forces the sim to re-recognise the card and avoids duplication in the FSX.cfg as multiple entries could also be the cause of the black screen.

Sometimes the black screen is simply the delay while the shaders are rebuilt. Wait 20 seconds to see what happens.

Just to be clear with everyone, I'm running DX9. 

16xS works.  8xSQ works.

32X doesn't work. 

I may try some more.

Gregg Seipp