Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

FSX SE NEW BETA OUT!

You need to check websites. Dovetail take care to advise the main add-on folks of updates. You'll find ASN Open Beta is already available -- B5687, released yesterday I think, and FSUIPC 4.941, released today.

I don't use the others so I don't know about them.

Pete

Noted, and thanks!

Be interesting to see if the drop still occurs with DX 10 which seems to effect it worse than DX 9 anyone tried!

All the best

no change for me, drop still occurs on NGX

Ditto for me on 777.

Be interesting to see if the drop still occurs with DX 10 which seems to effect it worse than DX 9 anyone tried!

All the best

Guess I should have noted that I am running DX10. Have not tested it in DX9

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

There is a change log at the Steam website.  That change log lists improvements in the handling of the mouse cursor in complex virtual cockpits, so they have improved that code.  But it looks like its not possible to eradicate the fps slowdown completely. 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/1/541906989416450278/

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

As a test, this mouse fix doesn't seem to have any effect for me on the default 737 or Ultralight planes. I still get a large drop in FPS. I went from 304 to 240 in the Ultralight and 191 to 161 in the 737.

I'm wondering if this is hardware related? My machine is roughly 4 1/2 years old, while some here have newly built systems from 2015.

Edited by magnetite

A side ways fix is a second monitor for maps etc. I just park mine there

ZORAN

As a test, this mouse fix doesn't seem to have any effect for me on the default 737 or Ultralight planes. I still get a large drop in FPS. I went from 304 to 240 in the Ultralight and 191 to 161 in the 737.

I'm wondering if this is hardware related? My machine is roughly 4 1/2 years old, while some here have newly built systems from 2015.

Surprised to hear that! I run my sim locked at 30 and ,through NI and use to see a drop in the AS Bus of about three frames, not anymore though solid 30 occasional big stutter which could be the scenery library loading etc.

The trouble is although DTG are doing there best it is still FSX and still old code plus all the constraints re the licensing but it is better than what we had!

I will look at P3D again one day once NVidia get on board fully ..my come in their next release...or of course the new sim from DTG....is due in next year we shall see.

All the best

If I run with frames at 30 and settings in check, it doesn't drop either. Not like P3D where it doesn't drop at all. Raise those settings too high for my system, and it will dip from 30 locked to 20-25 FPS, least for me.

I would have hoped this mouse fix was a hardware cursor upgrade, over the current software cursor. I've used other software with a hardware cursor and there is no FPS drop.

• Improved mouse cursor slow-down over complex cockpits. Although we have made some optimizations to this code, players may still experience some reduction in framerates when using highly complex cockpit models. This is because such models are pushing the boundaries of what is possible within the game engine.