Sign in to follow this  
Lukemeister

Ultimate Traffic 2

Hi folks

To cut a long story short airlines such as Ryanair and Jet2 in the UK are the default dalaedus (sp) paint. How can I change these to the proper liveries? Is it an easy process? Also how would I update schedules?

Many thanks!

that stuff is not easy. Its possible but will take you forever. I would switch to ###ai, updated routes and models and schemes

Hi folks

To cut a long story short airlines such as Ryanair and Jet2 in the UK are the default dalaedus (sp) paint. How can I change these to the proper liveries? Is it an easy process? Also how would I update schedules?

Many thanks!

Replacing daeladus paints is pretty easy. You need to download AI models of aircraft operated buy Ryanair & Jet2, and then proper paints for them. Then you can assign those paints for Ryanair and Jet 2 schedules through UT2 program.

Downloading and installing AI models & paints for a lot of airlines is very time consuming, however it really isn't complicated at all. 

Through UT2 power pack program (I think it isn't included by default, you can download it from somewhere) you can also add custom flightplans to UT2... So if you want up to date flightplans for let's say Ryanair you can just go download new ttools flightplans, then use the power pack to create a new UT2 database, and finally use the main UT2 program to assign right liveries for it. Naturally you need to disable the original UT2 plans by deleting aircraft assignments to avoid having  duplicate traffic. 

Like said this stuff is very time consuming, however if you have the patience to download & assign liveries and up to date schedules there's no better AI traffic addon than UT2. If you don't have the time then I would recommend Mytraffic. 

I couldnt do all that ...I used my WOAI packages for those airlines instead and set then using the traffic slider in FSX.

###ai is pirated freeware so don't use that.

that stuff is not easy. Its possible but will take you forever. I would switch to ###ai, updated routes and models and schemes

In addition to what Jim stated about it being pirated, endorsing it or recommending it goes against Avsim's TOS and can get you either banned or temporarily suspended as it did for some of the folks in this thread -> http://forum.avsim.net/topic/469856-ai-traffic-for-prepar3d-is-released/

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Replacing daeladus paints is pretty easy. [...]

I couldnt do all that ...I used my WOAI packages for those airlines instead and set then using the traffic slider in FSX.

The "fast and dirty" way is a combination of the two posts above:

1. you download the WOAI Packages for Ryanair and Jet2

2. you "install" them in a specific folder (you can select this using the WOAI Installer)

3. you move the aircraft folders from this WOAI folder in your UT2 aircraft folder

4. you assign the repaints in UT2

That's it. Like this, you will have the WOAI models and the UT2 flightplan. For each step I listed, you will find proper manuals online or in your UT2 folder...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Great, thank you everyone for the replies, the WOAI fix has sorted it. I certainly will stay away from ###ai. It seems very unfair to people who have given their time for free for then someone else to claim it as they're own.

Thank you everyone.

It takes 10 mins if that to add a repaint you can always pm me for my updates I'll send them over

14ppkc-6.png

Guys, it's a known bug in UT2 that you lose all the AI traffic when flying over water bodies, I've seen it. My question is if it gets regenerated flying back over land. If so, how fast?

Thanks

The "fast and dirty" way is a combination of the two posts above:

1. you download the WOAI Packages for Ryanair and Jet2

2. you "install" them in a specific folder (you can select this using the WOAI Installer)

3. you move the aircraft folders from this WOAI folder in your UT2 aircraft folder

4. you assign the repaints in UT2

That's it. Like this, you will have the WOAI models and the UT2 flightplan. For each step I listed, you will find proper manuals online or in your UT2 folder...

I finally bit the bullet and installed WoAI a while back and I am happy I did.  So easy installing AI Aircraft (length of time taken is another story) but all in all, I get the AI traffic I want, it helps with immersion.  I used to have Mytraffic 2 as well and it was a staple of my FSX install, but it did cause problems for the stability of my sim, not to mention as the OP did with liveries not being in MT2 and you get the default Deadelus paints, which kinda put me off.  The timetables was annoying, trying to sync up with a timeline where I could get heavy flow from aircraft on the ground (likened to waiting on the taxiways in line for takeoff).

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Guys, it's a known bug in UT2 that you lose all the AI traffic when flying over water bodies, I've seen it. My question is if it gets regenerated flying back over land. If so, how fast?

Thanks

When you come nearby land again it should regenerate very quickly.

not to mention as the OP did with liveries not being in MT2 and you get the default Deadelus paints, which kinda put me off.  The timetables was annoying, trying to sync up with a timeline where I could get heavy flow from aircraft on the ground (likened to waiting on the taxiways in line for takeoff).

I know, but I took the time to look for those daedalus paints rather than installing all WOAI packages and in the end, it takes about the same amount of time. The trick: I exported the repaint list out of UT2 into an excel, filtered it for the non-existing or daedalus paints and started to download the missing repaints. In the same time, I completely replaced all 737 and A32X models and textures with the FAIB ones. Invested a hell lot of time, but it was worth it. One of the advantages of sticking to UT2: modifications are much faster done now using Powerpack or UT2 UI compared to WOAI, where it can be a pain to update a flightplan, unless you use an additional software.

It is a matter of fact that today, no AI Traffic Software/Tool is perfect. Whatever you chose, you have some smaller or bigger drawbacks. With MyTraffic, the models are ugly and need replacement, with UT2, you get the bug with no AI over water and outdated flightplans along with model limitations, WOAI is a pain to install and maintain and so on. Whatever you pick for a start, there is no way to avoid personal investment to improve the AI traffic. As long as you are ready to invest some time to get the most out of your selected AI Traffic Software/Tool, you can basically start off with all of those available now...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Ultimate Traffic is abandoned by the devs, no more bug fixes, no more schedules. It's too bad. If they only fixed the disappearing over water and updated schedules it would be far and away the best Ai traffic program.

+1 about being too bad that UT2 has been abandoned by the developer.

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD