Sign in to follow this  
Lukemeister

Ultimate Traffic 2

I was really bummed to hear that UT2 was abandoned as it works so well.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The "fast and dirty" way is a combination of the two posts above:

1. you download the WOAI Packages for Ryanair and Jet2

2. you "install" them in a specific folder (you can select this using the WOAI Installer)

3. you move the aircraft folders from this WOAI folder in your UT2 aircraft folder

4. you assign the repaints in UT2

That's it. Like this, you will have the WOAI models and the UT2 flightplan. For each step I listed, you will find proper manuals online or in your UT2 folder...

I do the same thing. You will also want to delete the traffic files that WOAI installs.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I was really bummed to hear that UT2 was abandoned as it works so well.

If they fixed the bugs it would be perfect! Airplanes fly realistic routes rather than direct to airport flying with every other AI addon.

There's people out there who are doing upto date schedules and uploading them to avsim every week.

I for example updated the latest easyJet summer ones yesterday. They import into ut2 in under 30 seconds. I can guarantee you they are more upto date than the mytraffic ones which are about 2 years old

Likewise people have updated many others last weej and repainters upload many new paints daily. Again taking no more than 30 seconds to install.

14ppkc-6.png

If they fixed the bugs it would be perfect! Airplanes fly realistic routes rather than direct to airport flying with every other AI addon.

What bugs do you know besides flying over water?

Thanks

What bugs do you know besides flying over water?

Thanks

been so long I do not remember. One problem that isn't a bug, is airplanes only appear close to departure time. And disappear once they landed and stayed at the game for a short time. So if you fly in at night when it's quiet, using regular AI flight plans all the airplanes are sitting there waiting for a morning departure, but using ultimate traffic, the airport is empty until about an hour before an airplane departs then it appears at the gate.

Something that bugs me about ut is there are hundreds of missing repaints. You have to go out and get them and assign yourself, but so many repaints out there are not fsx compatible, so the logo light looks weird.

Great shame this is now gone!

The models are and always were so much better than any other product currently available they look very poor even in the latest versions.

Well I will still use UT until something better comes along if at all!

All the best

The models are and always were so much better than any other product currently available they look very poor even in the latest versions.

You are aware that a lot of those UT2 models are actually from MyTraffic ?

Both programs paid for use of models from sites like aiaardvark. UTX usually has more detailed repaints.

Thanks I am enlightened I did not know that....may be time to have another look at MT.....wish the developer would do RL routes as well

Thanks

I have updated the UT2 aircraft and schedules for flights in and out of the UK and Ireland. I am not desperate to have the most accurate flightplans available at all times, but I update various ones when I feel that this is required. This took a lot of time and effort, but I only fly in the UK and Ireland, so it wasn't quite as daunting a task as taking on the entire world! I now see lots of different aircraft and airlines at the large airports, and I have replaced all of the more basic models in UT2 (the MyTraffic ones like the ATRs, BAe 146, CRJs etc) with more detailed versions.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

....wish the developer would do RL routes as well

Thanks

This is the main reason why I'm switching back from MTP6 to UT2. In combination with AIController and UT2 I'd rather have aircraft flow along routes instead of a swarm of hectic flies moving along with my plane. At least this is how it looks to me from the cockpit and on different moving maps 

Dirk.