Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Looks like wreckage from MH370 has been found

Off the coast of Madagascar, large aircraft parts have been recovered and I am not aware of any other flights of large airliners that have gone down in the area recently. Corrosion and build up is minimal. Still a bit early, but clearly looks like a 777 flap assembly to me. Lets just hope this can bring some families closure. 

CLFjcedW8AAZ-5p.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-plane-wreckage-sparks-mh370-speculation-164923155.html

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/africa/mh370-debris-investigation/index.html

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Lets not be too hasty.  There have been other aircraft accidents in the past, as one of the articles I read states.  I think we all would like it to be the wreckage of MH370 so as to put the mystery to rest.  If it indeed is the wreckage of MH370, then at least search teams have a better idea of where to find the rest of the aircraft, and of course IF the rest of the aircraft flowed along the underwater current's path, which is rather large.  Heavier pieces of debris may still be at the impact sight and that could be hundreds of miles away.  Definitely a challenge but I like to look at it as breadcrumbs for the search.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

More reports are saying that it is likely a 777 flap, but I won't judge from a photograph, it needs serial numbers to match, etc.

However seeing as their has only been 5 hull loses of 777's and 3 of 5 happened at airports EGLL, HECA and KSFO, one over Ukraine and one unknown then it is safe to say that their is only one set of 777 flaps not accounted for somewhere out there. This seems quite probable at this point.

Matthew Kane

However seeing as there has only been 5 hull loses of 777's and 3 of 5 happened at airports EGLL, HECA and KSFO, one over Ukraine and one unknown then it is safe to say that there is only one set of 777 flaps not accounted for somewhere out there. This seems quite probable at this point.

Exactly. We can count on 1 hand how many of these planes have been lost, and only 1 has been over water or even remotely close to this location. Also, look at this cross section again, which is from the opposite side, you can flaperon hinge end point on the actual flap assembly that is identical to the wreckage found.

11807153_1107238859303993_61444659530108

Lastly, take a look at the currents that occur in the Indian ocean and it is very consistent with this wreckage showing up on these shores.

11695898_1107238922637320_78895596644866

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Yeah to my knowledge, there's only one set of 777 parts floating in the ocean right now...

Appears to be the 777 but they will need to find the black boxes to find out what happened. I think it's still a needle in a haystack. Those currents around the island are making me dizzy....

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Appears to be the 777 but they will need to find the black boxes to find out what happened. I think it's still a needle in a haystack. Those currents around the island are making me dizzy....

Best regards,

I agree Jim, but I doubt the boxes will be found any time soon if at all, but at least we know the plane wasn't part of any of the distressing conspiracies people have burdened the families with. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Glad and a bit sad since its going to bring back the grieving for the families. I remember when the Air France jet was found, a lot of the families wanted the dead to remain where they were

ZORAN

*Update* from http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/jul/30/mh370-possible-breakthrough-debris-found-reunion-island

A mechanic from the Réunion-based airline Air Austral told local journalists he had studied the debris with French military officials and concluded with 99.9% certainty that it originated from a Boeing 777.

He said the debris was stamped with 657-BB, a number that could be used to identify a part and the plane to which it belonged.

Josh Daniels-Johannson

But if they can find the wreck with some recorders... is it possible that datas can be read?

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

We are putting the cart before the horse.  They did not find the aircraft, the aircraft could still be anywhere in thousands of thousands of miles of water.  Hopefully this piece can help them backtrack currents but it is a very big leap from finding a piece to finding the plane.  No doubt it is a positive start though!

I have also heard from "experts" who have weighed in that it does not look like it was sheared off in a high velocity crash...  

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

It looks like the flaps were probably extended at impact, from the tearing at the trailing edge.

It looks like the flaps were probably extended at impact, from the tearing at the trailing edge.

Possibly, more likely it is wear and tear from the piece being carried along the ocean floor, hitting or scraping coral and rock.  This will be a forensic challenge to say the least.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Ive heard it charred, and will be tested in France. I personally think that its in the middle or somewhere to the east of AFRICA. Plus im not putting the currents into prospective.