Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Looks like wreckage from MH370 has been found

Possibly, more likely it is wear and tear from the piece being carried along the ocean floor, hitting or scraping coral and rock. This will be a forensic challenge to say the least.

-Jim

Possibly, but there isn't any evidence of that kind of damage on the other three edges. Unless there is a particulat reason for just that edge to be favored in the beating and scraping provided by the elements. The tearing is only along the entire trailing edge which would have contacted the water first if extended, until the surface is torn off.

in the next 72 hours we shall find out if it happens to be part of a 777. 

Thought it  was already confirmed  its from a 777

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No government agency or Boeing has actually made a confirmation announcement yet since they probably haven't gotten their hands on it yet. It's confirmed as far as the media and the internet is concerned. But the identiplate also appears to be interestingly missing.

Having said that, there is little chance at this point that it is not the right flaperon from MH370. Looking at that piece just deepens the mystery further. To me, it shows signs that it was extended into the landing position at the moment of contact with water. Which means a conscious person was at the controls at that moment and this person did not have the intention of dying at that moment.

Thought I read some  where  they matched  the serial number  to a  777

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No serial number has been announced. Just a stenciled part number that matches to the 777.

Thx  kevin  but  doesn't  that mean  it  came  from a 777,  so  all we waiting  now  its  the actual  confirmation   that's its  from MH370  and  not  from some  other  777

Peter kelberg

Yes, as far as the media and the internet is concerned.

No government agency or Boeing has actually made a confirmation announcement yet since they probably haven't gotten their hands on it yet. It's confirmed as far as the media and the internet is concerned. But the identiplate also appears to be interestingly missing.

Having said that, there is little chance at this point that it is not the right flaperon from MH370. Looking at that piece just deepens the mystery further. To me, it shows signs that it was extended into the landing position at the moment of contact with water. Which means a conscious person was at the controls at that moment and this person did not have the intention of dying at that moment.

actually if someone was in the control of the plane in a landing position, then they took the water emergency landing procedure. They might of been blind of where the water was so they might of hit a little to hard to the point of where the plane broke up and nobody survived(which is probably what happned)

Thx  kevin  but  doesn't  that mean  it  came  from a 777,  so  all we waiting  now  its  the actual  confirmation   that's its  from MH370  and  not  from some  other  777

It is confirmed. http://news.yahoo.com/australia-increasingly-confident-debris-mh370-search-chief-031717894.html

"From the part number, it is confirmed that it is from a Boeing 777 aircraft. This information is from MAS (Malaysia Airlines),"  Malaysia's deputy transport minister Abdul Aziz Kaprawi told AFP

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Tired of hearing the conspiracy theories in the media. Simple math tells you this cannot have a link to Diego Garcia. The crash occurred in March 2014 which is around 500 days ago.

The distance between Reunion and Diego Garcia is very small which means this thing must of floated very slowly which cannot be possible in those waters unless it has been undiscovered for almost a year.. Even at 1mph, it travels 24 miles a day which is over 4x the distance between the two in 1 year.

It seems to me this aircraft hit the water and hit it hard. It is the only thing that can explain the absence of any wreckage washing similarly elsewhere.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Tired of hearing the conspiracy theories in the media. Simple math tells you this cannot have a link to Diego Garcia. The crash occurred in March 2014 which is around 500 days ago.

The distance between Reunion and Diego Garcia is very small which means this thing must of floated very slowly which cannot be possible in those waters unless it has been undiscovered for almost a year.. Even at 1mph, it travels 24 miles a day which is over 4x the distance between the two in 1 year.

It seems to me this aircraft hit the water and hit it hard. It is the only thing that can explain the absence of any wreckage washing similarly elsewhere.

EXACTLY! 

EXACTLY! 

Who said anything about Diego Garcia? I havent seen this mentioned in this thread nor from any credible news source. So not sure why its even a topic. Leave it with the rest of the conspiracy theories. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Well its confirmed, at least we know the passengers can rest in peace. Hope we find the rest soon. What a loss for the beautiful 777 history.

“It is with a very heavy heart… An international team of experts have conclusively confirmed that the aircraft debris found on reunion is indeed from MH3700,” Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak said at a brief press conference.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/05/world/mh370-investigation/index.html

http://abcnews.go.com/International/mh370-part-found-reunion-island-missing-plane/story?id=32901960

Josh Daniels-Johannson