Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Green Spain – Bilbao to Vigo

Green Spain – Bilbao to Vigo

This tour features 6 airports (LEBB LEXJ LEAS LERO LECO LEST LEVX), and 4 waypoints.

The tour starts at Bilbao and proceeds to the first stop at Santander, then follows the waypoints in the plan through the stunning scenery of the mountains and valleys of the Picos de Europa to the next stop Oviedo in Asturias, then the tour continues on to Lugo (Rozas). The next stop on the tour the provincial capital A Caruna and site of the Tower of Hercules.  The route continues on to pilgrimage site Santiago de Compostela.  The final destination is Vigo on the Atlantic coast. The route is approximately 340nm.

Recommended scenery:

- Orbx Global

- Orbx EU Landclass

- Orbx Vector or UTX for roads, rivers and coastlines

note:  most airports are default scenery, but freeware scenery is available for  LEAS, LEXJ, & LEST if desired at:

www.freewarescenery.com

Flight Plan & Narrative

Date and time: Saturday 1 August, 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

Posted on behalf of Roger Brooke

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Looks great.

Scenery fans may add to the list the following two airports.

A Coruña Alvedro LECO (Gabriel Peribañez)

http://escenariosfsx.blogspot.com/p/spain.html

or direct http://alvedrox.blogspot.com.es/

Vigo Peinador LEVX (Guillermo Barros)

http://escenariosfsx.blogspot.com/p/spain.html

(Scroll down or look for LEVX.)

Each provides a taste of the real airport. The first is more of a beta product in terms of detail, but the buildings are custom-made and properly depicted. Not highly recommended, but better than default. The second, our destination Vigo, is a fairly rich portrayal of the airport in its special character. Recommended.

The two sceneries by José Carlos Rodero Garduño, for Santander (LEXJ) and Asturias (LEAS), are good freeware that provide a feel for the actual airport. They use an "exe" file to install the scenery into your Addon Scenery folder. (I used a dummy "FSX" folder to install them and the copied the resulting addon scenery airport file and the "effects" files over to the real FSX. I took care NOT to overwrite the pre-existing original effects "effects.CFG" file.) Everything seems fine doing this. Please take care, though.)

Finally, the Santander (LEXJ) scenery has a good deal of photoreal coverage without autogen annotations. The author Rodero Guarduño suggests the possibility of disabling the large photoreal (while keeping that near the airport). I would personally recommend doing this. (You may "disable" the large photoreal by opening up the airport's "scenery" folder and change the names of eight files to "OFF" as, for example, fotoreal00.BGL.OFF through fotoreal07.bgl.OFF). Whether you do this or not is a matter of personal taste.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Looks good!

But I'll have to pass, since we are visiting our daughter this weekend - so no flying for me  :mellow:

Bert