Sign in to follow this  
ahammerman

Operations Center

Hey guys,

You probably already know, but the ops center doesn't work in Windows 10 (Neither does the ops updater)

A fix would be appreciated! 

Thanks,

Avery Hammerman

737NGX

Js4100

The product pages don't list Windows 10 as being a supported operating system. Even Windows 8 is stated as may work, but they can't guarantee compatibility or support.

So, knowing that, why would you expect a fix for Windows 10, especially when the likelihood that most people are probably not even using it yet, including the developers?

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Use Windows7.

PMDG products should work with Win10 Jim, not sure where you get your information. Some of the betas have tried it without problem and of course I cannot speak for PMDG but pretty sure a few of the developers have been playing with the Win10 beta versions like many other early adopters.

Avery, submit a trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan Downs KCRP

Avery, submit a trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support here

Why would you direct him to support when Windows10 is not supported by PMDG?

Windows10 is not supported by PMDG?

It's not?  I don't recall that announcement, and it would have been a surprise if they took that position. I've been wrong before but show me the proof (besides out of date product spec sheets).

Dan Downs KCRP

Why would you direct him to support when Windows10 is not supported by PMDG?

Because we could possibly help.

It's not?  I don't recall that announcement, and it would have been a surprise if they took that position. I've been wrong before but show me the proof (besides out of date product spec sheets).

It's not. The only OSs officially supported are those listed on the product page. That is, of course, necessarily exhaustive. We cannot support OSs just because people have seemingly gotten it to work in an OS we haven't evaluated yet (that's pretty standard for any sort of software).

That's not to say we aren't looking at it (so far I think Ryan and Paul have had good results), but it having been released for all of 24 hours ago, it's going to take some time for us to evaluate it and verify that the OS is compatible before we can put a seal of approval and support on it. If/when that happens, then it will be supported. Until then, though, using an unlisted OS is at the user's risk.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey guys,

You probably already know, but the ops center doesn't work in Windows 10 (Neither does the ops updater)

Thanks,

Avery Hammerman

737NGX

Js4100

Avery,

I'm running Win10 here and the OC is working fine. What exactly are you seeing happen with it?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The problem isn't on your end. It was a faulty Windows 10 installation and I'm working with Microsoft to get it fixed right now. 

Thanks for the help,

Avery Hammerman

737NGX

Js4100

May be its time to evaluate windows 10 once its stable..Because any new users buying pc will not be able to buy windows 7 ..or may be have windows 10 preinstalled..

Hey guys,

Thanks,

Avery Hammerman

737NGX

Js4100

No problem with Ops Center or the Ops Update feature on Win 10. My problem is with FSX (both Steam and old FSX). Neither works correctly.

Because we could possibly help.

It's not. The only OSs officially supported are those listed on the product page. That is, of course, necessarily exhaustive. We cannot support OSs just because people have seemingly gotten it to work in an OS we haven't evaluated yet (that's pretty standard for any sort of software).

That's not to say we aren't looking at it (so far I think Ryan and Paul have had good results), but it having been released for all of 24 hours ago, it's going to take some time for us to evaluate it and verify that the OS is compatible before we can put a seal of approval and support on it. If/when that happens, then it will be supported. Until then, though, using an unlisted OS is at the user's risk.

What about windows 8/8.1..? That hasn't been released all of 24 hours ago but it's still not listed either.. Or is acouple of years the normal timeframe?

What about windows 8/8.1..? That hasn't been released all of 24 hours ago but it's still not listed either.. Or is acouple of years the normal timeframe?

It never got listed so it would be appropriate to assume that we never decided to support it because it caused too many problems (the fact that the OS was problematic is no secret in this community).

Kyle Rodgers

So can we take it we have products being sold now where there are no Microsoft supported or sold operating sysems for that product.

Harry Woodrow

So can we take it we have products being sold now where there are no Microsoft supported or sold operating sysems for that product.

Did you not see that Ryan has been testing Win10 on hit system? We have a few more people testing Win10 on their systems, but we haven't had enough time to prove compatibility to the same level as Win7. All that takes time, and we're busy working on other projects as well.

This isn't new in software, to be honest. Software is tested and supported on the OS it was designed and validated on. If it works in other OSs, great. If not, tough. We're at least looking at it, so please give us a little while to actually test instead of rubber stamping and saying "it looks fine."

Kyle Rodgers