Sign in to follow this  
Wenjun Chow

Windows 10 and PMDG

Hello guys,I'm one of the Windows insiders. I began to use Win10 at build 10041. I tried to install FSX and some Add-ons in every build and they all work well in previous version of

Win10.

Earlier, MS pushed the build 10240(RTM) for every insiders. But after update, I found that all add-ons by PMDG in my computer(737 and 777)can't work. After I select them in FSX, FSX will NO RESPONSE. But strangely, only PMDG's add-ons will make FSX no response, others(like aerosoft Airbus and FSLAB Concorde)in my computer will not.

I tried to reinstall PMDG737 and PMDG777, but failed.Then I reinstall DX and open DX10 Preview, it also failed.My CPU is i5 4570 and my graphics is INTEL HD Graphics 4600. Will it possible there are something wrong with my graphics card drive program?

thx for your reply.

Wenjun

7-30

Your post is appearing twice with the same title.  There are other active threads on AVSIM that outline almost the same exact thing as you are describing.  Have a look.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Your post is appearing twice with the same title.  There are other active threads on AVSIM that outline almost the same exact thing as you are describing.  Have a look.

-Jim

its because he pressed post 2 times due to delayed resposne from the server. 

Thanks for the info first problem ive heard with Windows 10, and I had a feeling it wasnt going to be flawless like Windows 7 and XP

Hello guys,I'm one of the Windows insiders. I began to use Win10 at build 10041. I tried to install FSX and some Add-ons in every build and they all work well in previous version of

Win10.

Earlier, MS pushed the build 10240(RTM) for every insiders. But after update, I found that all add-ons by PMDG in my computer(737 and 777)can't work. After I select them in FSX, FSX will NO RESPONSE. But strangely, only PMDG's add-ons will make FSX no response, others(like aerosoft Airbus and FSLAB Concorde)in my computer will not.

I tried to reinstall PMDG737 and PMDG777, but failed.Then I reinstall DX and open DX10 Preview, it also failed.My CPU is i5 4570 and my graphics is INTEL HD Graphics 4600. Will it possible there are something wrong with my graphics card drive program?

thx for your reply.

Wenjun

7-30

Are you certain that you haven't exceeded your PMDG activation limit?  Not sure that will cause your specific problem but I do know the aircraft will not work at all if the installations are not activated.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Are you certain that you haven't exceeded your PMDG activation limit?  Not sure that will cause your specific problem but I do know the aircraft will not work at all if the installations are not activated.

i believe that it will still install, he should find out once he has tried to activate it again inside the sim.

One thing that sticks out is the graphics....intel graphics 4600?  That's on-board cpu graphics.  I'd be very surprised if FSX or any other sim would run very well with that, especially when tacking on PMDG products. Another quote, by him states:

"I tried to reinstall PMDG737 and PMDG777, but failed.Then I reinstall DX and open DX10 Preview, it also failed."

Failure during install is a problem.  Activation happens after install.  i have to wonder if it's a security setting issue with Win10.  i know that topic has come up recently in that you have to lower the settings for security, kinda like UAC.  maybe the PMDG products are looked at differently in Win10.  I'm grasping at straws since I have refrained from installing Win10 on my rig...too valuable to screw up.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

i believe that it will still install, he should find out once he has tried to activate it again inside the sim.

Yes, the aircraft will definitely install if they are not activated.  As you state, they will fail when you attempt to load them in the sim.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Failure during install is a problem.  Activation happens after install.  i have to wonder if it's a security setting issue with Win10.  i know that topic has come up recently in that you have to lower the settings for security, kinda like UAC.  maybe the PMDG products are looked at differently in Win10.  I'm grasping at straws since I have refrained from installing Win10 on my rig...too valuable to screw up.

very good thinking, that may also be the problem

No any alert or message let me active the product after I reinstall it...If it's really a failing activation, I think FSX will work well and just all the screens in cockpit will be dark, rather than FSX become 'no response'...

By the way, how many activated times i have according to PMDG's limit?  Because of lots of reasons,I have already reinstalled the 777 for 2~3 times ...

Wenjun