Sign in to follow this  
mpanis

Missing leg speeds and altitudes

Since everything is ok i will just select the STAR from the beginning and if needed i will change it if i am advised to do so. But just out of curiosity what would happen in a real flight with this scenario?

On a short sector such as this, most of the advice I have ever seen or heard centres around doing as much programming as possible whilst still on the ground in order to alleviate workload during the flight, including the expected STAR/landing runway. Of course, one must remain vigilant to ensure that one flies the route one is subsequently cleared along.

On longer sectors where the weather conditions (and thus landing runway) may change significantly during the course of the flight, it may be more efficient to delay programming the arrival until later in the flight when workload is lower and the landing data is better known (which also has the secondary effect of alleviating workload in the preflight phase).

what would happen in a real flight with this scenario?

ATC would give the STAR early enough for you to react properly. As I've said a few times here, ATC programs do not add the level of realism most would assume.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks again for your help!!

Here is the link

http://postimg.org/gallery/1n6thr1pi/a6372ecd/

Your first screenshot which is the APPROACH REF page shows 26L at EGKK as your landing runway. Why is that there? I am doing all of this on a stationary 77LR at EGKK since this computer I am using has no controls. On the other computer with a flight to KLAX, the APPROACH REF page shows 25L at KLAX as the landing runway which is correct.

This may be an old post however I was experiencing the same thing on the OCK2F arrival in EGLL.  On OCK it had 6000A altitude restriction, after removing that restriction it quit flickering the ETA times and also populated the legs page with speeds..etc.

Hope this helps someone

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Hi,

Maybe because the cruise altitude you entered is too high to be reached if complying to the restriction 6000ft at OCK. The departure alitude restriction at EGLL extend quite far from the airport. For short flights it may impede the ability to climb to the cruise altitude.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.