Sign in to follow this  
jason99vmi

Win 10 Install

Wobbie, if you have an Intel HD card, even though you update the Nvidia Graphics driver, the monitors will not be recognised. For some reason the update wipes the Intel Driver and you have to re-install otherwise you end up with black screens when opening the flight sims and the monitors not being recognised. I went to device manager and clicked on Intel Card and driver update. Then all was ok..but I reverted back due to other issues.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Yup, I have Intel integrated graphics, & I had to update the drivers via Device Manager on my Windows 7 laptop. Mmmm, methinks i'm looking for more hassles than it's worth!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

There are no keys in Windows 10 if you upgraded from W7 or W8.1. 

Everyone has the same key... 

Well,  stupid me :-/   Yes, they're all the same in my 3 machines - Oops!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well, when I tried on my W8.1 from the iso, it asked for a key. It rejected my 8.1 key & wanted a W10 key. Google found a list of 'generic' keys, as they called it. I used one that allowed me to carry on the install. There was no skip. W10 then installed, & when I went to the personalzation settings, it then said that the key had been useds too many times.

My W7 upgrade did not ask for anything, using the same iso.

You're not supposed to put a key. Just click "Skip" and W10 will self activate when you connect to the internet.

As I said before, I tried to install from the media tool with the second option (install to other PC's, or something like that) & it asked for a key... NO skip.

Anyhow, I'm trying again (update this PC). I left it running overnight, & this morning, 2 hours ago, it told me that it was checking for updates & was at 0%. 2 hours later, it's on 6%. It is going to be a long day!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Finally!!! It finished installing this morning.

I took it off this afternoon! (back to my W8.1)

Everything worked quite well except that the Start button did not work at all, & I did restart the laptop & let it settle down for about an hour. I had to get to the settings menu by using the shortcut combination (Window key+i)

My laptop is a Celeron N2810 2.00GHz 2GB RAM.

Yup, it is a entry level machine, but it should have worked.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...