Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Windows 10 Upgrade

I just clicked that button to see the status and it started downloading Windows 10. Didn't ask me if I wanted to or not! Freaky! Can't find a way to stop the DL. 

View Progress finally came up and I was able to stop it. Was still creating a restore point!

Freaky!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Windows 10 finally fixes the joystick disconnect.  No more autolands!

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Well,

although in my home rig I still can't even get the icon to be displayed, here at the office I have just migrated my work desktop, full of applications, some of them rather complex.

Apart from having had to download and install proper Nvidia drivers ( already Win 10 compatible ) the migration was smooth as silk, and all is working beautifully !!!

Even Nvidia Inspector works beautifully, with the updated Nvidia Drivers.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well,

although in my home rig I still can't even get the icon to be displayed, here at the office I have just migrated my work desktop, full of applications, some of them rather complex.

Apart from having had to download and install proper Nvidia drivers ( already Win 10 compatible ) the migration was smooth as silk, and all is working beautifully !!!

Even Nvidia Inspector works beautifully, with the updated Nvidia Drivers.

You have to use the SAME language on the Utility that your computer is set to.

I just clicked that button to see the status and it started downloading Windows 10. Didn't ask me if I wanted to or not! Freaky! Can't find a way to stop the DL. 

View Progress finally came up and I was able to stop it. Was still creating a restore point!

Freaky!

It will download automatically, but it will ask if you want to install..

You have to use the SAME language on the Utility that your computer is set to.

It will download automatically, but it will ask if you want to install..

Linux, but does that mean the keyboard language, the localization ?  

That was exactly the error message I got. 

I guess I installed my Win7 Home Premium, long ago, using ENG ( UK ), but I am using the Portuguese ( PT ) keyboard and localization. Should I change the keyboard definition before trying to start the upgd?

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Linux, but does that mean the keyboard language, the localization ?  

That was exactly the error message I got. 

I guess I installed my Win7 Home Premium, long ago, using ENG ( UK ), but I am using the Portuguese ( PT ) keyboard and localization. Should I change the keyboard definition before trying to start the upgd?

Thx!

Yes, it has to match what you have installed right now.

Question for those who have upgraded. I have a well organized Desktop in Windows 7. Will that Desktop be retained as a Desktop in Windows 10?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Question for those who have upgraded. I have a well organized Desktop in Windows 7. Will that Desktop be retained as a Desktop in Windows 10?

Mine was integrally ported to the win 10 desktop, maintaining the exact placement of the icons :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Yes, if you choose to keep your files and programs.

BTW: the following shell comand works get should you forget the original install language of your windows SO:

> dism  /online /get-intl

Main Simulation Rig:

I moved this post to the Win 10 OS forum.

Frank Patton
ASUS