Sign in to follow this  
roroma

Flight Factor 767!

Very cool!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes! The 767 was the next logical aircraft after having done the 757, but it's nice to see it confirmed. I wonder if they'll include the -400 aswell

Good news, let's hope they get the VC panel color right.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Good news, let's hope they get the VC panel color right.

I'm assuming the 767 cockpit will be much better than the 757 cockpit, especially you look at how well done their A350 cockpit is. If it's better I hope they update the 757 cockpit in the future as well.

I also just realized that this is the first high-fidelity 767 simulation for a flight sim since the Level-D 767! This is kind of big!!

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Flightfactor need to decide what "professional" really means. To me, it means being able to very rapidly set the aircraft up for a particular flight without needing to click a load of buttons to make ground power units and passenger stairs and fuel trucks appear, and not having comedy suicidal flight attendants interrupting you during critical phases of flight.

It also means having freedom to position the camera and set up view presets. With the latest 757 update it's not even possible any longer to fly the camera outside the aircraft through an open cabin door to set up an unobstructed wing view. In fact, with the randomly closing blinds and the fact the cabin doesn't display when the flight deck door is closed, realistic cabin wing views are also impossible. Have they never heard of EZDOK? This was an expensive and IMHO quite clumsy payware add-on for FSX, aimed at letting you have proper control over your views. X-Plane can do it out of the box - until, that is, a developer sets up glass walls and restricts the camera movement. Words fail me.

I find this kind of thing enormously frustrating. Under the surface, the 757 is an immensely capable simulation and there has clearly been a huge amount of effort put into making all those systems work as they do on the real aircraft (or as close to it as makes no difference to the average flight sim hobbyist). If they keep what was great about the 757 and leave the silly stuff behind, the 767 could be a really amazing aircraft. I hope so because I won't be buying it otherwise.

Alistair Brown

0.png

Flightfactor need to decide what "professional" really means. To me, it means being able to very rapidly set the aircraft up for a particular flight without needing to click a load of buttons to make ground power units and passenger stairs and fuel trucks appear, and not having comedy suicidal flight attendants interrupting you during critical phases of flight.

I tend to agree. At least have some options available to help tailor the user's needs. Reduce the drama clutter.

I hope the B767 will be a great addition to XP-10.

Jim Morgan

Knowing FF, the wingflex will still be off, the systems simulation will probably be half decent and we won't get a cockpit that even looks close to the real thing (unless they just start from scratch and don't use the 757 cockpit as a basis at all). We'll also get an extremely buggy model at release with eventual updates fixing maybe half of them.

Not overly impressed, overall, even though the 763ER is my favourite airliner of all time.

Knowing FF, the wingflex will still be off, the systems simulation will probably be half decent and we won't get a cockpit that even looks close to the real thing (unless they just start from scratch and don't use the 757 cockpit as a basis at all). We'll also get an extremely buggy model at release with eventual updates fixing maybe half of them.

Not overly impressed, overall, even though the 763ER is my favourite airliner of all time.

So you waited 6 months and saved your first post for this gem ? ;)

How are you guys "not impressed" when all they've released is 10 pictures of the external model?!

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Systems wise if it'll be on-par with the level-d I'll be happy (although the level-d is old , systems wise it's awesome , what shows it's age is the graphics though).

As for graphics , FF has many nice features and effects , what I don't like about their 757 is the VC textures , I hope it'll be better in this term.

For conclusion , Im expecting something like an enhanced LEVEL-D 767 , enhanced in terms of graphics effects sounds etc...

The 767 has a really big place in my heart , I hope this will be on par with my expectations!

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but FF actually surveyed the X-Plane community a while back, and many people wanted a better 787 than what we've got (or not anymore: Heinz Dziurowitz has unfortunately passed on and all his planes have been pulled off the store: RIP, Heinz). But FF still chose to do a 767. Strange, though I supposed it was the natural choice after the 757 (by that same logic, then the 787 is the natural choice after the 777...) The 787 is truly an all-new bird with completely rewritten rules - everything is electric. Oh, well, can't have everything you want. I hope the 767 pilots enjoy this release.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but FF actually surveyed the X-Plane community a while back, and many people wanted a better 787 than what we've got (or not anymore: Heinz Dziurowitz has unfortunately passed on and all his planes have been pulled off the store: RIP, Heinz). But FF still chose to do a 767. Strange, though I supposed it was the natural choice after the 757 (by that same logic, then the 787 is the natural choice after the 777...) The 787 is truly an all-new bird with completely rewritten rules - everything is electric. Oh, well, can't have everything you want. I hope the 767 pilots enjoy this release.

Don't forget they are also working on the professional version of the A350 a similarly complex machine as the 787. Not sure they have the manpower to do two highly detailed aircraft at the same time. The 767 will be using a lot of the code from the 757, I would imagine. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Well this is really just guessing now, but seeing flight factor is  Ramzess and Phillip Münzel, maybe it had to do something with this.

To my knowledge Phillip is doing alot of the FMC and other programming and during the time of the poll, he was activley working on the GPS for X-Plane.  They probably just had to decide to make a 787 with a complete new FMC and lots of programming or a 767 with a very similar FMC that doesnt require too much work on his part.  Also i think Phillip is also part of IXEG, but i am not sure about that.

This is my guess and no offical wording of any sort :)