Sign in to follow this  
Arndt777

Windows 10 and nvidia inspector

Mine work fine - i did not load any Saitek drivers.

Looking at getting FSUIPC shortly

Aivlasoft's not working on mine. Was yours installed before the upgrade or did you install after upgrading to W10?

Thanks and regards

I did a clean install. I never trust an upgrade with an OS. Too many possibilities that some programs will not upgrade gracefully, plus after dealing with the Tech preview from the beginning I figured I was due for a format

Glynn,

I agree. I was going to wait to upgrade. I saw people claiming everything worked fine in FS 2004 with Win 10. This morning I'm going back to windows 7 on my FS2004 box.

I did a clean install. I never trust an upgrade with an OS. Too many possibilities that some programs will not upgrade gracefully, plus after dealing with the Tech preview from the beginning I figured I was due for a format

Thanks and will have a go this weekend@clean install

Regards

If you want the latest with the mostest, Win 10 currently delivers on one of those, and not the one that matters. It's actually rather feature-light for an OS.

If you are looking for an automagic performance advantage, you won't get it from W10, well except for inevitable gains from a clean install, which shouldn't be confused with any actual performance increase. As with all new release OS, the advice is to not be an early adopter. I went through the Insider program and I still can't see the point of Win 10. Not yet. 

DX12 may be game changer but that is only going to benefit simmers with P3D and possible X-P. And again - Not yet.

Give it 6 months, the little Window 10 box won't disappear from the bottom right corner of the desktop any time soon. No need to rush off the cliff

lemmings-300x246.png

Make sure you're running latest versions of Inspector (1.9.7.6) and Profile Inspector (2.1.2.15)

John Funnell

scap_b777.png  NAX8096.png

I struggled with Nvidia Profile Inspector for several days until I happened upon https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts, so far so good, give it a try...

Thanks frantzm - the fixed version of profile inspector found in the .zip is working nicely with the latest Win10 builds.

*Before running NVidia Profile Inspector* users perhaps should at first run Nvidia Control Panel, and Restore/Apply all profiles, then choose each profile and make any small change and Apply. This way the NCP makes a fresh profile for NPI to find free of any corruption.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

With all the updates, is anyone else not seeing MS flight sim on the list anymore? it was just on there now its gone for me.

Tyler Sexton