Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Dudley

737 crashes fsx:se multiplayer, cant join session

when trying to join multiplayer session prompt says fsx has stopped responding, i have the pmdg T7 which works fine in multiplayer and have many friends that have both aircraft working in multiplayer, ive reinstalled simconnect, fsuipc, reinstalled pmdg 737 with fresh download, im not even gonna attepmt to email pmdg cause i know what there gonna say , but i know the plane works in multiplayer regardless of what the tell me, this is a payed and resgistered version, someone please help me

i had the PMDG T7 , all works even in multiplayer , so i bought the 737 from pmdg and now when i try to join multiplayer session the game says fsx has stopped responding, ive reinstalled simconnect, fsuipc, and done a fresh install of the aircraft with a clean download of the plane, i have many friends that have the737 and it works for them inmultiplayer, so i know it works, regardless of what pmdg says , as to im not even gonna bother email them with a support ticket, really bothered me when i couldnt get the T7 working and the told me "sorry to dissappoint" ...what great support they have, i had to fix the problem on my own, 

so can someone please help me, otherwise i will be contacting paypal to get my hard earned money back, NO WHERE on the store website does it have a disclaimer stating "MAY NOT WORK IN MULTIPLAYER"

im not even gonna attepmt to email pmdg cause i know what there gonna say

PMDG does not accept emails.

Dan Downs KCRP

what great support they have, i had to fix the problem on my own, 

I don't really think that's a fair thing to say, honestly. While I can understand your frustration, I don't think it's fair to say we don't have good support simply because we couldn't help with a rather obscure use of a highly complex product. For what it's worth, the aircraft does work in VATSIM and IVAO, which is where the vast majority of the online use is. There's nothing required at all to get it to work in those environments.

Moreover, with software, you cannot work on an implied basis. We do not state that our (current) software is not compatible with Mac OS products, or Linux, or anything else apart from Win 7. It would be reasonable to expect that, since those other OSs are not mentioned, that they are not supported. That's a pretty common industry standard. The developer states what it is known to be compatible with, and will support it for those uses. If someone finds another environment that it works in, great (as long as it's within the license limits), but it may not be a supported use where we can offer support to fix issues caused by that use. While the FSX multiplayer environment is integrated into FSX, I don't think you could consider it to be a part of the sim itself (in other words, the sim was made to work with MS game server function, but the game server function is not an integral part of FSX, and FSX was not made specifically to work in that environment, as would be the case with Battlefield, CoD, and so on).

Perhaps your friends could tell you what they did to get it working in online systems other than VATSIM/IVAO.

Kyle Rodgers