Sign in to follow this  
godimaginedme

This makes no sense!

Can someone please explain how I can be getting these FPS with the GPU load being so low, as well as the CPU? Nvidia Inspector is set for default. The only tweaks I have in the CFG are OptimizeParts and FFT.

GUI_zpswq74j03k.png

Graphics_zpsxjbgna7q.png

Scenery_zpsbtfvup4h.png

Lighting_zpswhwqmczo.pngWeather_zpszgrdrkac.png

Traffic_zpsxzijqtvw.png

Thank you all so much for your input!

Those screens are far too small to read anything.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Those screens are far too small to read anything.

I'm sittin in the cinema trying to read them on an iPhone :)

It don't matter how big your mouth is or how quick you can swallow If you've only got a straw to feed from.

Something else is probably bottlenecking your cpu/gpu. Maybe memory or bus bandwidth.

Photobucket must have resized them. They were quite large. I'll try to fix it

I use Snipping tool to catch exact pics,  its great, it comes with windows, just type it into your search bar, pull and drag,  and save your pic. 

It don't matter how big your mouth is or how quick you can swallow If you've only got a straw to feed from.

lol love that 

My test scenario is the Q400 at PAKT by ORBX. For some reason, no matter what I do, turning off autogen, shadows, etc, i seem to be capped at 29FPS and it's choppy. I don't understand why. When I get up to cruise, totally overcast skies, I'm getting 55+ and it's smooth. Same goes for SFO, capped at around 25. No matter what I turn off, there is no difference in FPS. I'm at a loss....

I've also noticed something strange with this new card (980Ti); whenever I right click, or select a menu from the "ALT" key, the game starts stuttering very heavily, Precision X says 6FPS then 475983.3FPS then back to 6FPS. I've tried deleting the shaders and having the sim rebuild them, I'll try a clean CFG. Any other ideas?

Thanks

I have got a recommendation for you Andrew,    Back in a Min 

This will be frowned upon and it might seem extreme but it worked perfect for me. I had some problems a while back with really bad performance and errors, i done this and it worked fine.  It will leave the Sim graphic/settings in the default state.   The Sim will generate all new clean files, when rebooted. 

It will knock out your Ezydok camera configuration,  but rerun the Config tool and it will redo your views to the same they were previously,  same for Nvidea Inspector.  

Delete all,  except the top 2 

19560213723_2d29198a72_b.jpg

Same, delete all, except the top 3

20181202135_0467690c53_b.jpg

Same, delete all,  except the top 2

19994567899_6053f9099a_b.jpg[/url] 

Start your Sim naked (no weather engine) and see how it runs.   

If that doesn't work Uninstall your Nvidea Drivers with http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html and clean your Registery with Ccleaner and reinstall drivers

I had a problem with my card and the very nice Jim Young put me right

"What you need to do is uninstall your Nvidia drivers and then run a system registry cleaner like CCleaner. I use Advanced System Care 8 at least once a week to keep my system clean. CCleaner works well too. You just want to clean the registry. Once your registry has been cleaned, then go to the C:\Nvidia\DisplayDriver folder and reinstall your latest drivers. Make sure you right click the installer and select Run as Administrator. Make sure UAC is disabled and make sure any anti-virus program is not running in the background to scan the display driver installer" 

And if that doesn't work,  we never had this conversation 

Well, I tried everything that you told me to do. There wasn't any significant change. If I disable all of my addon scenery, my framerate and smoothness go up a bit, but I just did a flight from ORBX KJAC to the new KSEA airport. On the ground at KJAC, everything was working well. Now, however, on the ground at KSEA, they both decided to take a dive. GPU usage on the ground at KSEA is around 35-40% max. 

1862_frames.PNG

7130_temps.PNG

The temps are fine, but as you can see, the load on core 0 is pretty high, as it has been normally.  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Thanks!

Ive just looked at your pics now as they were to small to read on my iphone,   good god man your running some seriously big settings there.     Run these 

20187799171_a40c03cdeb_b.jpg

Lock your frames at 32,  it takes the pressure off the system trying to get more frames.  

Drop your Shadow and Water down to Low, its only nonsense anyway 

Lock your frames at 32,  it takes the pressure off the system trying to get more frames.  

Drop your Shadow and Water down to Low, its only nonsense anyway 

Wow.  Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.  Sure, defeating most of the visuals will get anyone's frame rate up, but when I spend megabucks on hardware, I expect to see some visuals when I fly.  I keep all my sliders as high as I can.  The effects and visuals are much of the enjoyment for me, unless I'm flying inside a cloud.

Are you concerned about FPS or stutters? Lock your FPS at 20. Leave your sliders alone. Now fly. If it stutters, start adjusting your sliders and retest. get it SMOOTH at 20 and then try adjusting the FPS higher if you need the bragging rights.

Bottom line - if it's SMOOTH - the FPS do not matter. If it's NOT smooth, then 55fps is useless.

With P3D especially, it's a BALANCING act - your hardware, your settings and your expectations. Some settings affect the GPU and some affect the CPU.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors