Sign in to follow this  
fs4fun

AVSIM sign in using Edge

I did a clean WinX install on my gaming laptop this morning, so far so good. Decided to try out Edge but when I surf to avsim.com and click the Sign In button, nothing happens. Is AVSIM compatible with Edge, or is there some setting I need to use to enable sign in?

Barry Friedman

Barry - I just signed in fine with Edge.  I'm on the released version of Windows 10 Pro.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

OK thanks for checking. Maybe some popup blocking or other privacy setting? Anyway I tried again and I can't sign in with Edge, guess I'll stick with Chrome.

Barry Friedman

Just logged in using Edge, no Win10 issues [yet :)]

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Thanks all, it seems to have sorted itself out now.

I had noticed that windows update was stuck downloading and not making any progress. Rebooting did not clear it but doing this in the command prompt got it going again:

net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net start wuauserv

After update completed and a reboot, now Edge is behaving itself. :smile: 

Barry Friedman

The documented performance improvements with Edge are located in many tech blogs around the web.  This is Edge v1.0, and additional improvements (chiefly extensiblity) will be included in the Windows 10 Threshold 2 release later this October.  I believe it prudent to encourage and welcome innovation and technological advances, no matter what form they take.  Edge is just that... still in its infancy with much room to grow.  I look forward to seeing it mature.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64