Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

To anyone getting the 0x80070004 - 0x3000d on install

...stating that "Installation failed in the First_boot phase with an error during migrate_data operation".

Thought I'd share a fix (as there appear to be a few others on the ORBX forums hitting this too). Found that there was an error with an ORBX file called "TODO" in the C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Orbx  (after hunting around in the C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther diagerror.log).

Deleted that, and the install completed normally.

Thank you for sharing this fix. It did help me install windows 10.

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

Simply amazing.  On one of my test machines I was getting this error repeatedly and many hours of research did not turn up a solution.  I could do clean installs all day long, but upgrades failed with this error every time.  Kudos for the detective work!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Most welcome! Glad it worked for you too...

Thanks - I'm getting this error and will try again later - Rick

EDIT - just tried it and it worked.  Amazing that this little file caused so much frustration!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Big thanks to you. I would have never found this solution and now Windows 10 is working. :Applause:

And thanks from me too, after 2 days of tearing my hair out this finally fixed it, thanks again :smile:

OMG - just read this now - if I have read this yesterday I hadn't started from scratch :mad: :mad: :mad:

ldsigcr2.jpg

Another thank you!

Deleting the TODO file allowed my Win10 upgrade to proceed too.

Thanks , fixed it for me. Funny I was surfing Microsoft looking for info on the error  thinking it was a driver or device and was pointed back to AVSIM to this thread ...lol. Has anyone notified ORBX to get rid of their zero byte file?