Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

To anyone getting the 0x80070004 - 0x3000d on install

Really glad this is saving you folks some frustration...!

I did pass this on to ORBX, and they're working on an update through FTX Central which should automatically delete the file.

Cheers,

Dylan

Wow awesome find!   I confirm this works for me too. The search engine crawlers should be picking up this thread soon as it never came up in my search yet found it on hot topics here. Go figure.  Who wouldve thought such a small file to cause install failures.

Thanks!

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Your agenius! After 8 hours downloading I ran into the same problem. Removing that ORBX file and all went fine today.

Many thanks.

Regards, Perry

You are my hero today.  I spent almost all of last weekend trying to install Windows 10.  This worked. Thank you!!!!!

Doug Wilson

Doug Wilson

Do you delete the file after trying to install a product? Will this file need deleting everytime you install a orbx product?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

The file affected the Win 10 install not any Orbx installs. Once you have upgraded to Win 10 you don't need to worry about that file ever again.

You're my new god! Thank you so much... after many install tries finally got it installed after deleting it!!! :)

Oh my god, wish I would have read this a week ago. Spent hours doing a clean install of my system and simulator.

Thank you very much for this. I wish I had found it sooner as I spent 3 hours trying to get past this error. Great work!!

Thank you so much. I've spent over a week doing the various methods to upgrade and was about to post on the Microsoft Forum when i stumbled onto this. Thank you!

As many others have said, "If only I'd seen this XXX ago".

I wasted so much time with this and am now on clean installs.

I hope this helps someone, a it was too late for me.

Back to the installation tedium...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Dylan m thanks so much you are a legend! Was Really frustrated with he error message so I searched all the windows 10 forums to no avail and where do I find the answer... Avsim of course! Thanks again man, you're a true gent!

Tom boden

Dylan M - my hero! Thank you so much for finding and announcing this fix. I've been trying to install Windows 10 for three days and have tried so many other suggestions - all without success. This fix worked at first attempt. Amazing how a tiny, well buried, 0Kb, Orbx file can completely halt the mighty Windows 10 upgrade - I can still hardly belive it.

Tony

www.msfsgateway.com

PS I've added a notice and link to this thread from there...

I would like to add my congratulations to DylanM for the TODO 'fix' that overcomes the Windows 10 upgrading problem. Like the other posters on this topic, I spent hours trying to get past the 75% mark, until I chanced on DylanM's fix. Worked first time!!!!

Had this problem too! Found the answear last week after googling in the error code. But now FSX:SE crashes after a few minutes under dx9. Runs fine under dx10 preview mode.