Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Logbook Editor for P3D & FSX

Just uploaded LogEditv2 Logbook editor to the AVSIM library (file LogEditv2-0.zip). Reads P3D/FSX/FSXSE Logbook.bin files with error detection and some correction. Allows conversion between FSX and P3D formats and importing from either format. Tools include Combine Records and Remove Empty Records. Full manual and a Logbook binary file decode sheet are included. Installs either with the Microsoft ClickOnce installer or directly (instructions included in manual). Requires Microsoft .NET 4.0 or later and will run on Vista, Win7-8 or 10. This utility will allow you to use the buggy FSX/P3D Logbook feature and keep track of your flight activity. A File Properties feature will display number of flights, landings, flight times by day/night, visual/instrument, etc, and longest flight, average flight and Top 10 Destinations.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Excellent utility, Dan!  I have always wanted a stable, easy-to-use logbook editor.  Love the "Logbook File Properties" feature that summarizes all the flights in the logbook.  Brilliant!

One comment... I have a clean Windows 10 (final release version) with P3D installed.  FSX has never been on this computer, but the "Logbook File Properties" dialogue shows "Simulator Platform" as FSX, not P3D.  Not a show stopper, but wanted to let you know.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Nice work Dan! Very useful for my needs. A million thanks!

Mario Di Lauro

FSX has never been on this computer, but the "Logbook File Properties" dialogue shows "Simulator Platform" as FSX, not P3D.

Good point, I should have stated in the manual that this setting is not automatically detected. User needs to set it. Thanks for the kind words.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

Is this a new version of the "Logbookeditor v0.2" program I've been using for almost ten years? This program uses Java script.

Billy Bluestar

"Don't Fly Tired, Don't Fly Sick, Always Fly Safe"

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Is this a new version of the "Logbookeditor v0.2" program I've been using for almost ten years?

No LOL, I've got a copy of that one.  My copy of it would choke on P3D logbook files because L-M slightly changed the binary format for remarks so I wrote this one for the community.  No Java, this is a .Net based application developed in c#.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

Thanks for the work.  I look forward to trying it. :-)

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Dan,

Couple of questions. First, what is the ME column?  Second, why can the number of landings for a flight not be edited?

For instance, I have FSX running under Windows 7 on my primary boot drive. I am also working through some issues on another boot drive that boots under Windows 10. That drive started as a clone of my Windows 7 drive and then was migrated to 10.  So I have flown a small handful of flights there that are not included in my logbook on the Windows 7 side. I practiced in the Turbine Duke V2 at a couple of airports doing touch and go's but cannot edit those into the flight record.

Frank 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Frank - Answer to the first question: ME = Multi-Engine

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Second, why can the number of landings for a flight not be edited?

That's explained in the manual but maybe not clearly enough.  The number of landings can be changed by you, but not on the main grid. You have to add or delete landing information in the additional landing grid to the right.  For example, if your destination is ABCD and you land five times there, then the flight simulators automatically count one landing at ABCD and then add 4 as additional landings at ABCD.  This is the way the data is stored and I decided to stick with that approach although it is not the easiest to understand.

The number of landings is zero if there is no destination, one of there is a destination.  Any number above one is in the additional landing section.  And, that's how it is stored in logbook.bin too.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan and Doug. All good now!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

What a great tool for those of us that like to accurately log our sim time... and free!  Thank you very much!

Dan,

Thanks for your work!

Your Application & Mouseviator both load my p3dv3 logbook.bin

M:\Users\NewChas\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Logbook.bin

But p3dv3.1 crashes when I go to pilot records....

What can you tell from this?

QKqdrdX.jpg

Thanks in advance for your speedy reply,

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

i haven't heard from Dan about this issue...Dan?

Cheers,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

This may not be working in P3D v4, perhaps because the file structure has changed. I have to manually correct each flight as the program adds spaces between each letter/number. With the hotfix to v4 that came out today, the fields now default to zeros.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA