Sign in to follow this  
Zesty42

Blackbox Airbus A320 - Descent

Hello all,

I haven't posted in a long time so please excuse me if my post is in the wrong area or rather lengthy.

So lets get started!

I have the Blackbox Airbus Prologue at the moment, but usually only fly the A320 model. For any other Blackbox A320 users out there, is there anyway to get the Airbus to descend at a faster speed, say, 300 KTS? I have talked to various Airbus pilots about the A320 aircraft in general (descent speeds, types of descents, and descent rates) and have learned a lot about the bus, and know that it can and usually will descend anywhere from 280 up to 300+ Knots depending on weather, weight, cost index, etc. The blackbox A320's MCDU however has a set managed descent speed of 250 Knots. You can change the cost index, which will affect the cruise and climb speeds, but the descent speed is always set to 250 for me :huh: . Is there anyway to get the aircraft to descent faster? Sometimes I find myself preparing to fly a STAR with a constraint of 280 Knots, and the descent speed still set at 250. I have inputted selected mode speeds in the MCDU before descent of 280+ but it doesnt seem to change the T/D point, and still descends very poorly causing an early level off. 

Questions: 

-Can I get the A320 to descend at a faster speed and fly the vertical profile to meet all constraints? If so, how?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Blue skies & Tailwinds!  :P  :t4013:

-Chris

Yes, you can dial in the speed manually using the FMC/MCDU, go to the decent page and put in numbers there. There's supposed to be a update for the A320 package soon which addresses that, but for now, just type in the speed in the performance/decent page. Mind you, put in not only knots but also mach numbers.

As far as I know, it doesnt have managed decent (vertical profile) yet, although it should hold altitude restrictions if there's any.

Yes, you can dial in the speed manually using the FMC/MCDU, go to the decent page and put in numbers there. There's supposed to be a update for the A320 package soon which addresses that, but for now, just type in the speed in the performance/decent page. Mind you, put in not only knots but also mach numbers.

As far as I know, it doesnt have managed decent (vertical profile) yet, although it should hold altitude restrictions if there's any.

Thanks! I'll be trying it soon to see how it performs. However when it descends using those numbers it usually gets below its own Vertical path causing a level off, or the aircraft gets too slow causing the thrust to be set to hold the speed which is quite annoying! I look forward to any update really! Thanks for the quick reply!  :BigGrin:

No the managed descent amongst alot of other things doesnt work properly.

I'm afraid like most people you where conned out of your money by a bunch of slippery operators who moved to Malta after their first venture Pss went down the drain leaving people without downloads and repaints when they closed the servers down. That was after the repaints they never paid their repainters for.

If there's any flightsim company thats deserves to be vilified it's these 2 gangsters

14ppkc-6.png

No the managed descent amongst alot of other things doesnt work properly.

I'm afraid like most people you where conned out of your money by a bunch of slippery operators who moved to Malta after their first venture Pss went down the drain leaving people without downloads and repaints when they closed the servers down. That was after the repaints they never paid their repainters for.

If there's any flightsim company thats deserves to be vilified it's these 2 gangsters

Haha Agreed! Well seeing as I've bought it almost a year ago, I'm not too disappointed about it  ^_^ ! I'll just wait for the FSL Airbus A320! By the looks of it, it's (hopefully) going to be as good, if not better, than Aerosoft. But that's a whole new discussion  :rolleyes: !

If it helps i strongly recommend the Aerosoft Airbus, it doesn't have the failures that will come with the FSL, but it's an excellent addition to your hanger, it occupies a very comfortable mid-point between the ranks of PMDG / Majestic and probably somewhat superior to Qualitywings. 

Also worth noting (assuming you use it) FSL have been very quite on support for P3D.

Ian R Tyldesley

If it helps i strongly recommend the Aerosoft Airbus, it doesn't have the failures that will come with the FSL, but it's an excellent addition to your hanger, it occupies a very comfortable mid-point between the ranks of PMDG / Majestic and probably somewhat superior to Qualitywings. 

Also worth noting (assuming you use it) FSL have been very quite on support for P3D.

I have the Aerosoft Airbus! I enjoy the systems & the graphics! But it kills my frames a lot and the quick reactions of the controls when on autopilot doesn't seem right lol. Thanks for the reply & have a great day!