Sign in to follow this  
lufthansa011

MSVCR80.dll Causes Frequest Crashes

Hi Guys!
I also have this Problem. Anyone here is able to send me the Hotfix you mentioned above? The Downloadlink is dead. :( Thank you so much in advance!
Marius

Edited by Jim Young
Split from an old topic, same subject as it is confusing dealing with same issue with multiple users

Hi Guys!

I also have this Problem. Anyone here is able to send me the Hotfix you mentioned above? The Downloadlink is dead. :( Thank you so much in advance!

Marius

The AVSIM CTD Guide has an active link and more correct information.  See pages 6 and 13. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Jim

thanks for fast reply. Is hotfix KB961894 included in the newest Visual C++ downloads?

Marius

Hotfixes are not installed unless you personally request the hotfix and you must meet all of the prerequisites before Microsoft will e-mail you the hotfix. Hotfixes only apply to certain systems and OS's. If you download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005 w/SP1 and 2008 w/SP1, it will include all the latest updates. Make sure you do not install Microsoft Studios.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

HI,

I have downloaded the Installers again from 2005 and 2008 (all: base, sp1, mfc security,atl security). My Version without the ATL was 8.0.50727.4940.
I then installed the ATL Security Package and now it´s  8.0.59193.
I have the MFC Security update Installed thru Windows Update. Shall I deinstall it and just install again Visual C++ 2005 (86) and then the SP1 and then the MFC update without ATL? I think my FSX dont finds this Version 6195, because it´s installed with Windows Update. Is it possible?

Marius

MFC update without ATL? I think my FSX dont finds this Version 6195, because it´s installed with Windows Update. Is it possible?

If you have 2005 w/SP1 installed as you stated, then your crash report (if you ever have one) will show you have version 6195 installed. You can verify what version is installed by searching your computer for the following files:

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_cbf5e994470a1a8f\MFC80.DLL

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll

These are where they are located on my computer.  Once found, right click MFC80.dll and select Properties then check the Details tab and see what version is installed.  It should show 8.0.50727.6195.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I have 6195 installed through windows update , and it Shows in the Event log as msvcr80.dll v6195.

A fix for that anywhere?

Protokollname: Application

Quelle: Application Error

Datum: 10.05.2015 14:30:10

Ereignis-ID: 1000

Aufgabenkategorie:(100)

Ebene: Fehler

Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch

Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend

Computer: Felden-PC

Beschreibung:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb14

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: MSVCR80.dll, Version: 8.0.50727.6195, Zeitstempel: 0x4dcddbf3

Ausnahmecode: 0xc000000d

Fehleroffset: 0x00014584

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1f0c

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d08b194aee6e84

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Programme\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll

Berichtskennung: 4c4467d9-f710-11e4-9248-e03f49e90cf5

Ereignis-XML:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-10T12:30:10.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>22935</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Felden-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>

<Data>46fadb14</Data>

<Data>MSVCR80.dll</Data>

<Data>8.0.50727.6195</Data>

<Data>4dcddbf3</Data>

<Data>c000000d</Data>

<Data>00014584</Data>

<Data>1f0c</Data>

<Data>01d08b194aee6e84</Data>

<Data>D:\Programme\Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll</Data>

<Data>4c4467d9-f710-11e4-9248-e03f49e90cf5</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I have 6195 installed through windows update , and it Shows in the Event log as msvcr80.dll v6195.
A fix for that anywhere?

This is the version you should have installed!  No further action required.  Microsoft Visuals are used by developers to make sure their application is installed properly.  MSVCR80.dll is part of the Microsoft Visual used by FSX/Acceleration.  When you see this error, it means your application was not installed properly.  Did you install with Admin Privileges?  Did you turn off UAC?  Did you make sure no anti-virus program was running in the background during installation?

You did install FSX/Acceleration in the non-default location which is recommended by many (D:\Programme\Flight Simulator X).  Some recommend it be installed to D:\FSX.  Your assignment of the installation folder is a bit convoluted but it is still in the non-default location.

You should right click on FSX.exe in the main fsx folder and select Properties.  Once open, click on the Compatibility tab and then look all the way down at the bottom and make sure "Run this program as an administrator" is checked under Privilege Level.  Make sure no other check marks are enabled on this tab!!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Jim,
thankyou for answering!
I just again had MSVCR80.dll CTD.
Everything is installed properly. Except MSVCR80.dll I think. It was installed by Windows Update. Shall I uninstall this Version and then reinstall it via a Setup? May that help?

Hi Jim,

thankyou for answering!

I just again had MSVCR80.dll CTD.

Everything is installed properly. Except MSVCR80.dll I think. It was installed by Windows Update. Shall I uninstall this Version and then reinstall it via a Setup? May that help?

MSVCR80.dll is installed correctly and you have the proper version (according to your error report, post #22 above).  Did you run the Microsoft.net repair tool?  Did you uninstall Acceleration?  These recommendations were suggested in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 12.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I ran it -> still CTD

What do you mean with uninstall FSX Acceleration? Then my whole FSX is uninstalled?

As shown on page 13, AVSIM CTD Guide:

• Uninstall FSX SP2 if installed, uninstall it via the Windows Add/Remove program (it will not remove FSX, just SP2). Restart your system. Reinstall FSX SP2. Restart your system.

• Uninstall FSX Acceleration if installed, do the same procedure as for SP2 except remove Acceleration, Restart, install Acceleration, Restart. These actions will not remove your configuration files like FSX.cfg, scenery.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml but if you want to be safe, back them up first.

The uninstall of Acceleration will not touch your FSX fsx.cfg, dll.xml, or scenery.cfg's.  All you are doing is essentially uninstalling an addon.  Once uninstalled, the entry for uninstalling FSX will remain in the Add/Remove Programs (pretty neat huh?).  Now reinstall Acceleration but make sure you right click the setup program and run it as an Administrator.  You have to install Acceleration as the Administrator if you do not have UAC disabled.  If UAC is disabled, run as Administrator anyway.  You want to be in charge of your installation, not some security program included with Windows.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I have "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" in the Programm List. Confirm, when I uninstall it via right click -> Remove, then just Acceleration is uninstalled, not my whole fsx, confirm? Or do I missunderstand something?

Marius

I have "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" in the Programm List. Confirm, when I uninstall it via right click -> Remove, then just Acceleration is uninstalled, not my whole fsx, confirm? Or do I missunderstand something?

Marius

Once you uninstall Acceleration, only Microsoft Flight Simulator X will be in your Add/Remove programs.  Acceleration is just an addon.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I did like discribed. Just got a ctd when entering something into the fmc . Its Really annoyibg ne .

What I did:

-Installation of newest c++ 2005 x86 sp1

-reinstallation of acceleration

The safety update mfc was installed with windows update and as i wanted it to deinstall i wasnt able to so so, because it wasnt shown in the deinstallation list of windows update.

I also cant install it via setup because its Already installed.

Any last suggestions?

Marius

Is it possible that you loko into my pc with team viewer?

Thank you!