Sign in to follow this  
CKAJCA

Keeping up with the SOPs

I am new to fs2crew and seem totally unable to keep up with the times on the SOP 2 button version. By the time I programme the fmc and check the legs against the flight plan and complete the various captains checks I am off scedule by a fair margin. Am i expecting to much or am i doing something wron. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Regards Colin

SOP2 Ive never done but would think its close to SOP1. At this point don't even try SOP3.

You can enter your fuel and ZFW before starting FS2Crew.

You also could set up FS2Crew DEP before starting the clock off.

If your still short on time try setting up your FMC  50% of it before starting FS2Crew if you feel it takes you to long. The more times you do it, the faster it becomes.

Before you even start FSX/P3D

Have all you info sorted before hand, I use PFPX/topcat. So I can simple load the route from the company route. I know my SID/STAR Runways etc. I also look up noise abatement, airfield Elevations, DH, Miss approach etc. Its all about the prep.

After a week on SOP3, SOP1 feels like a walk in the park. You will get better/faster at it.

Good luck Colin.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I think it is a matter of habit and tools...

I'm used to starting the captain's preflight at the same time as I start Fs2crew (SOP1) from a custom cockpit config similar to the long turnover.

I don't feel really in the rush to complete everything. But there are some way to make it faster. The first think that comes to my mind is the route in the FMC. I'm loading it directly from PFPX which allows me to save a lot of time rather than entering the waypoints and routes myself.

Beside, despite the fact I'm not a real pilot, I have hundreds of hours with the NGX and I'm fairly familiar now with the procedures, the flows and the aircraft itself that means that in 25' I have far enough time to complete everything.

The last point is that I spend quite a long time preparing the route and the flight plan before the flight. So when I start fsx and fs2crew, I have already in mind all what I need to know regarding my flight and it doesn't take much to check the data in the FMC.

I would advise you to check what takes the most time for you during the preflight (captain's checks? FMC programming?) and work on it to make it faster.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Programming the FMC shouldn't take too long. Like Budbud said, how are you loading flight plans? Long routes by hand? Imported from save filed? You should check out www.simbrief.com perhaps. It's a free online tool that lets you create dispatch releases using suggested or custom flight plans. You can download .rte files for the PMDG and then all you'd have to do is load the route, and add your departure/arrival SID/STAR and runway information. This is a bit more realistic, as well, since you're likely to have company routes stored in your FMC.

When you program by hand, are you doing it from the RTE or the Legs page? You can hasten flight plan entry when airways are involved because on the RTE page you only need to enter the entry and exit waypoints by using the "Via" function.

You should check out the flows someone put on the library:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fs2crew_737_reboot_%28update_1%29.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

It might help you run down the required items a little quicker.

You can hasten flight plan entry when airways are involved because on the RTE page you only need to enter the entry and exit waypoints by using the "Via" function.

A small tip regarding manual entering of the route on the RTE page: no need to enter the exit point of each airway. Just enter the airways themselves consecutively and the FMC will complete automatically the cross waypoints in between.

Only enter the entry point of the first airway and the exit point of the last once you have entered the different airways.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I have been starting with the aircraft cold & dark, is that the wrong thing to do?

Well. it looks as though I am doing all the same things as you guys do. I guess my speed will increase with practice. Thanks for all you help and advice. much appreciated.

Regards Colin

I would recommend you use the PMDG long turn state and set it as the default.

Have fun.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip