Sign in to follow this  
Olmba

NXG Reboot Voice control in Windows 10

Hi,

I just purchase NGX reboot and when enable the product I only get the button control.

I'm running on Win 10 with English -US language.

I also installed FS2crew (voice control) for Majestic DC8-400 without any problems.

Is there something I missed?

Best regards

Svein Tore Duås 

Edit:

Have to enable voice control in config screen inside P3D..

My mistake :-)

Edited by Olmba

Hi Bryan

I cannot start voice control in 2015 after migrating to W10 even though I have downloaded and set the US English pack as default speech language.  I keep getting the Green error message in P3D stating I have to use the English US setting. 

Any idea what I've missed?

Thanks

Andrew

Just checked and after a full reinstall of Aerosoft airbus and v2.2 of FS2Crew I can't activate voice in that either.  On clicking the voice button nothing happens. I have probably overlooked something simple but it all worked fine before W10 so I'm a bit puzzled to say the least...

EDIT:

OK, think I've solved it.  W10 control panel (settings) is a little confusing.  Even though I'd set it to English US in settings it hadn't changed in the speech recognition setup panel. I've now changed it and it works fine.  A new feature of W10!

Thanks

Andrew

Even though I'd set it to English US in settings it hadn't changed in the speech recognition setup panel. I've now changed it and it works fine.  A new feature of W10!

Happy to hear you resolved it  B)

I think Windows 8 was like that, too.

You have to manually set the speech recogniser to English - US.

Hi Bryan

Just reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch and i cant seem to get it to work with voice ? I am getting the same green bar about US english for voice recogn.

Should i reinstall FS2CREW afterwards changing to English US for speech?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Prepar3D 3.2 btw and reboot and PMDG777

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Bryan

Just reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch and i cant seem to get it to work with voice ? I am getting the same green bar about US english for voice recogn.

Should i reinstall FS2CREW afterwards changing to English US for speech?

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Prepar3D 3.2 btw and reboot and PMDG777

Okay i got it sorted out . Seems like downloading the speech language is not enough . you need to download the whole pack

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Well I am totally confused with the home edition windows 10 setup.

I have just purchased reboot in the UK and am trying to set up the speech properties. There is no option for selecting the Microsoft speech recogniser 8.0 for Windows English-US, only English UK.

I have added, downloaded and installed, the English (United States) language to the top of the list in Language to make it the primary and enabled it as the Windows display language, with the keyboard layout US (not really what I want though!)

This still does not make any difference as the only option for the speech recogniser is still the English-UK.

Any help would be appreciated to resolve this.

I have added, downloaded and installed, the English (United States) language to the top of the list in Language to make it the primary and enabled it as the Windows display language, with the keyboard layout US (not really what I want though!)

Make sure reboot  your system after installing the English US language pack from Microsoft.

You should then English US as an option in the Speech Recognition settings.

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately after a reboot of my system there is no change as the only option is still the UK speech recogniser, although the Language Setting is now US

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately after a reboot of my system there is no change as the only option is still the UK speech recogniser, although the Language Setting is now US

Please send me a Support Ticket:

www.fs2crew.com

I'll setup it up for you.

Best,

Thanks Bryan for the speedy and super response. You worked so fast remotely that I did not see everything that you did. However it seems as I had not installed a speech option after installing the  US language pack. 

Anyway now sorted and back to voice training:)

Thanks Bryan for the speedy and super response. You worked so fast remotely that I did not see everything that you did. However it seems as I had not installed a speech option after installing the  US language pack. 

You're welcome... glad I could help you.

I don't know if this is new with Win 10, but in addition to installing the ENGLISH US language pack, he had to install a SPEECH component.  The download was in his Control Panel - Speech Section.  Never seen that before...

Hello,

I have the exact same problem as above (I have fs2crew q400). I installed the US English language pack on my french W10 Home but I can not change the speech language. only French apparears.

Could you please explain what and where should I download the component you are speaking about in the previous post?

Best regards,

pierre