Sign in to follow this  
Olmba

NXG Reboot Voice control in Windows 10

Did you install the Speech Component in Control Panel - Speech Section?

Some people had to do that.

Your Speech Page should look like this:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/default.aspx#pageid=windows_vista__windows_7_and_windows_82

You may also need to reboot your system.

Guest JustanotherPilot

I had this problem with windows 10 and NGX reboot, I got it up and running by selecting another voice setting in windows 10, in my case English - Australian, I then shutdown and restarted windows, checked to see that Australian was still selected, then changed to English-US, again, shutdown restarted. Checked English US still selected.

I then ran NGX reboot and all worked fine, my windows 10 was an upgrade from windows 7.

If all else fails this might be worth a try.

Hi,

Thanks for the answers,

I am trying to find where I should download that speech component you are speaking about. I guess it is my problem.

When I downloaded the US English pack, it only appears as "display language". There is nothing regarding speech.

Also I wonder one more thing : Do I have to set my windows to US English as primary or can I keep it to french and only change the speech recocgnition language to US English? My understanding is that if I change to US English as primary windows language, I will have QWERTY though my keyboard is AZERTY.... not clear...

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Try here:

Control Panel.... Clock, Language, and Region.... Language...... Add languages.... Regional variants.....  English.... English United States

You should be able to keep your OS in French.

If you need further help, send me a Support Ticket and I'll try to help you via a remote desktop.

I'd also do a google search in the meantime.  There are videos on YouTube showing this stuff.

Cheers,

Ok I managed to find the US English speech component.

In Windows 10 there are 2 ways to access options and properties. You can go the old way via Control Panel, or you can go via W10 new simplificated setting UI

It seems that I could only download the speech component via the language option of the new setting UI. By clicking on US English language I installed yesterday, I was given an option button which allow me to download US English speech component.

Now, speech properties is correctly set to US English.

Thanks for help,

Pierre

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 12:36 AM, byork said:

Did you install the Speech Component in Control Panel - Speech Section?

Some people had to do that.

Your Speech Page should look like this:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/default.aspx#pageid=windows_vista__windows_7_and_windows_82

You may also need to reboot your system.

It does NOT look like this in Windows 10.

Isn't it about time all the instructions were updated as most people are using Windows 10 ?