Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

no windows 10 update icon etc, etc .

Hi,

I have tried almost everything i guess and still cant get windows 10 to accept my OEM Windows 7 64 bit Pro edition,

I also just updated the product licences key once more in "my computer" and gets the genuine message from Windows.

I cant seem to get iso,direct method via the Windows 10 tool to work and i dont have any icon in my taskbar to update as well.

All update for Windows 7 has been installed even the Essential protection and firewall

Also tried a script from notepad but that did not work either,

Any suggestions ?

when i try the windows 10 upgrade tool and directly wants to update it says "windows 10 cannot install correctly , please try to restart PC"

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

There are, unfortunately, machines that will not complete an upgrade due, primarily, to driver incompatibilities.  Would be impossible to know what the specific situation is in your case.  An extreme measure would be to make an image of your current Windows 7 Pro installation (on an external drive), then do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 Pro, and then immediately do the upgrade from the Windows 10 ISO.  If that works, you will lock in your Windows 10 key with Microsoft and that machine will be authenticated for Windows 10.  Then, finally, you can do a clean install from the Windows 10 ISO to get a completely pure install.  The machine will authenticate when you're done and you sign in with your Microsoft Account.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

There are, unfortunately, machines that will not complete an upgrade due, primarily, to driver incompatibilities.  Would be impossible to know what the specific situation is in your case.  An extreme measure would be to make an image of your current Windows 7 Pro installation (on an external drive), then do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 Pro, and then immediately do the upgrade from the Windows 10 ISO.  If that works, you will lock in your Windows 10 key with Microsoft and that machine will be authenticated for Windows 10.  Then, finally, you can do a clean install from the Windows 10 ISO to get a completely pure install.  The machine will authenticate when you're done and you sign in with your Microsoft Account.

Thanks

I allready have an image on a seperat drive. Seems like the w10 iso update will not accept my windows 7 license key. Thats strange.

all other methods does not work . Will try your suggestions i guess

thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

The machine will authenticate when you're done and you sign in with your Microsoft Account.

A MS Account isn't required at all, and it's even not recommended for privacy reasons.

what the h... just installing from the iso right now hmm, maybe my second license attempt in "my computer" helped with my fourth installation attempt ?

Seems like its upgrading right now  :rolleyes:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Super!

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I had the same problem I downloaded the 3035583 KB that is needed for the icon to appear in the taskbar. Download and run the below. The Win 10 Icon should appear on restart.You can then reserve your copy.

http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2015/03/windows6.1-kb3035583-x86_457fc816e5855c206303bfe9ed14240eb701e5d2.msu

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I had the same problem I downloaded the 3035583 KB that is needed for the icon to appear in the taskbar. Download and run the below. The Win 10 Icon should appear on restart.You can then reserve your copy.

http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2015/03/windows6.1-kb3035583-x86_457fc816e5855c206303bfe9ed14240eb701e5d2.msu

Forget all that. Just get the .iso file from MS and update when you want.

Thanks for quick response but it do seems like the PRO  .iso is doing its job now. I did not have to enter any license key (at least for now 40% into the installation) with this.

Maybe something was wrong with my product key ? It was activated but i tried a second time and it seems to work

UPDATE:

guess not now it says it will go back to my latest version of windows

information :

0x80070004 - 0x3000D FIRST_BOOT WITH A FAILURE MIGRATE_DATA

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Michael - That's a real familiar error for those with Orbx products installed.  Check out this post on Avsim and see if it fixes your update problem.  It worked like a charm on one of my test machine that had Orbx scenery installed.

If it works, thank DylanM for finding it.

Doug Miannay

Any updates, Michael?  Did the fix mentioned above solve your upgrade problem?

Doug Miannay

That's great, Michael. These forums are a huge help with things like this. Very happy your upgrade problem is resolved.

Doug Miannay