Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Any KMSP afcads out there that have taxiways?

I'm using Jim Vile's excellent FSX KMSP afcad but there are no taxiways (the lines are there but the surfaces are gone)

Anyone have a decent KMSP scenery in P3D?  Yes I know FB is doing KMSP.

missingTYsmsp.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Do you have the SDK installed? Download Airport Design Editor and load up the AFCAD you downloaded. Go to List --> Taxi Links --> reset all draw flags.

Then compile the AFCAD and install it. 

It's a P3D glitch with FSX AFCADS. Just do what pilot3033 said.

I tried that and got this during compile:

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.

The compiler message is shown below

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: B:\Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\KMSP_JV\scenery\KMSP_ADEP2_RB.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 2246, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

ERROR: 2377, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

ERROR: 2512, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

ERROR: 2647, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

WARNING: #C1102 KMSP 12865690 RUNWAY 5000 Airport (KMSP) has object (RUNWAY) that is 12865690 meters from the ARP with a test threshold of 5000 meters!  XML line: 2647.

ERROR: 2690, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

WARNING: #C1102 KMSP 12865644 RUNWAY 5000 Airport (KMSP) has object (RUNWAY) that is 12865644 meters from the ARP with a test threshold of 5000 meters!  XML line: 2690.

ERROR: 2733, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

WARNING: #C1102 KMSP 12865602 RUNWAY 5000 Airport (KMSP) has object (RUNWAY) that is 12865602 meters from the ARP with a test threshold of 5000 meters!  XML line: 2733.

ERROR: 2776, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

WARNING: #C1102 KMSP 12865562 RUNWAY 5000 Airport (KMSP) has object (RUNWAY) that is 12865562 meters from the ARP with a test threshold of 5000 meters!  XML line: 2776.

ERROR: 2819, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

WARNING: #C1102 KMSP 12865533 RUNWAY 5000 Airport (KMSP) has object (RUNWAY) that is 12865533 meters from the ARP with a test threshold of 5000 meters!  XML line: 2819.

ERROR: 2862, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

WARNING: #C1102 KMSP 12865511 RUNWAY 5000 Airport (KMSP) has object (RUNWAY) that is 12865511 meters from the ARP with a test threshold of 5000 meters!  XML line: 2862.

ERROR: 2905, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR:  #C2606: Schema errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ADE Airport Design Editor version 165 does all that for you automatically. It's a terrific program. I have converted numerous FSX AFCADS for P3D.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I've never had a problem with ADE doing this task; however, I've always used .bgl AFCADs and never .xml.

My KMSP is the inexpensive addon from BluePrint.  Their products are not as beautiful as FightBeam or Taxi2Gate but they are a step above the AFCAD only solution, for example the Humphrey Terminal where SWA parks is included.  Their installer doesn't detect P3D but just changing the install path is the typical workaround.  I've used a zero-length fs.exe dummy file to fool some installers.

Dan Downs KCRP

I suggest using a .bgl. For some reason, the .xml's can be a bit funny.

Do I need to rename the BLG I converted to the exact name that it was originally for it too work?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Do I need to rename the BLG I converted to the exact name that it was originally for it too work?

No, absolutely not.  I will rename the original by adding .orig to the end of the filename such as XXXX.bgl to XXXX.bgl.orig then a standard filename for the AFCAD such as ICAO_ADEX_DD.bgl where DD are my initials. Bottom line, afcad filename is not important, what IS important is that only one AFCAD exists for that airport (thus my .orig change to the original).  Others change blg to off, which works just as well.

Dan Downs KCRP

No, ADE gives you a brand new compiled bgl with a different name. I then move that file into the pertinent scenery and simply rename the extension on the old AFCAD bgl. That way I can revert to the original AFCAD if I need to. If you are doing a brand new AFCAD for a default scenery, just put it into a directory that works for you. ADE seems to pick Addon/Scenery for the newly compiled BGL and it stores the newly saved BGL in its own directory. You must save first then compile. It is the compiled BGL that you use.

Lee H

OK I did everything and got it working now, except I have no Taxiway signs...did I do something wrong? This is way harder then I thought.

Cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Sometimes they appear, some times not. That might be something to research in the manual or on the ADE website. Was there an original objects.bgl file that came with the original AFCAD? That could contain the taxi signs.

Lee H

Sometimes they appear, some times not. That might be something to research in the manual or on the ADE website. Was there an original objects.bgl file that came with the original AFCAD? That could contain the taxi signs.

Yes that file did come with the download, do I have to do something with it...I put in into the folder the readme told me too.

OK, just got it all to work, I didnt hit the recomplie button. 

Ron Hamilton

That's great that you got it working! Once in a while you will encounter an AFCAD that just won't work, but a lot do.

Lee H