Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Saitek Throttle Quadrant

I'm getting this issue as well. What's happening is that win 10 doesn't power the TQ at startup for some reason. Until Saitek fix it, the easiest way to get it working again is to go to your Device manager in settings, right click on the TQ (usb) and disable it, then enable it. The power led should be now lit.

It's a bit of a nuisance, but it works.

Jess B

That's great info Jess but where under Device Manager do you find the TQ?

I would like to think it would be under game controllers but in my case I don't find it anywhere looking in Device Manager, not under game controllers nor anywhere else.

Just did a clean install of Win10 so will look more into this issue shortly, maybe it will be discovered and show up when I unplug/plug it in. Had it plugged in while installing Win10.

Richard Åsberg

I'm getting this issue as well. What's happening is that win 10 doesn't power the TQ at startup for some reason. Until Saitek fix it, the easiest way to get it working again is to go to your Device manager in settings, right click on the TQ (usb) and disable it, then enable it. The power led should be now lit.

It's a bit of a nuisance, but it works.

Jess B

Have all of you tried disabling "Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power"?

Have all of you tried disabling "Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power"?

Yep, that's one of the first things I always do after a fresh OS installation but thanks anyway.

Richard Åsberg

Ok, sorry but I don't know what else. It kinda sucks how Saitek waited until the last second to update drivers when the OPEN BETA of W10 has been available for months.

For those of you still having this problem did you take note of and try the small .exe file you can find at either of these links? Not sure if the .exe files are the same at the two sites, but these worked for me to change the AdvancedPowerManagement for my Saitek devices in the Windows 10 registry.  

At the second link you may need to register with the site to gain access.

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

http://fsgs.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=375#p1310

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Solved the issue where Win10 for whatever reason disables the Saitek TQ at logoff or restart and doesn't re-enable it at logon. I did this by using a very nice freeware tool called USBDeview which can be found and downloaded here.

Using this utility you can disable/enable a USB device from the command line so I simply created a task in Windows Task Scheduler which will run this command whenever I logon to Windows.

The command looks like this but obviously you need to change the path to the utility to the correct one depending on where you saved the utility and you'll also need to make sure you get the correct PID value. You can find the PID value for the Saitek TQ by executing USBDeview, find the Saitek TQ in the list of USB devices and then check the properties by right-clicking the device and choose 'Properties'.

C:\Util\usbdeview-x64\USBDeview.exe /disable_enable "USB\VID_06A3&PID_0C2D\6&ed9a0d5&0&4"

The effect of this is the same as if you physically disconnect/connect the TQ but in this case it will be done on a software level and also happen automatically without your intervention.

Richard Åsberg

Not sure you will have to dig around but what I do is just move an item out of the way but dont unplug it - I know thats not ideal but maybe thats why I dont see the issue could be anything - thinking your motherboard drivers may need some updating especially if they have windows 10 drivers start there thats what I would do

Richard,

Found a work around for my mouse freezing when the Saitek yoke and multi-panel are unplugged. Once I have finished flying and have exited FSX I went directly into Control Panel/Device Manager/HID devices and found and disabled the Saitek yoke. I also knew in the the HID section how to identify the Multi-Panel entry from having previously tracked it down to match it up in the regedit instructions referenced earlier in this topic. So I disabled it as well.  Got those nice polite Windows tones as I then unplugged each one. No lingering issue. My mouse did not hang at all. Windows was happy.

I found that I need to go back into Device Manager once I have successfully unplugged and enable the yoke again. No need to do so with the Multi Panel because I found that running SPAD enables it when it initializes it. 

Just a couple more checklist items to attend to on shutdown!

-FP

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

After a cumulative update from Microsoft (I forced a check for updates), my Saitek devices and my dual monitor setup seem better behaved.  I wonder if the throttle quadrant issue (I did not have this problem) will also be alleviated?

Rick

Richard,

Found a work around 

Super but you really should not have to to do this but if your happy I'm happy

Rich Sennett

Super but you really should not have to to do this but if your happy I'm happy

I fully agree you shouldn't have to do things like this but until Saitek has worked out the issues I prefer this over crawling behind my desk unplugging and then reconnecting my TQ :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Hmm I just tried this and my system went wacko - wont do that again - I dont think its a saitek issue as I dont have any saitek drivers loaded - looks to me like a windows problem

Rich Sennett

That's strange. In what way did your system went wacko? The only thing the command will do is to disable/enable the USB connection for the TQ.

I too haven't installed any Saitek drivers.

Richard Åsberg

That's strange. In what way did your system went wacko? The only thing the command will do is to disable/enable the USB connection for the TQ.

I too haven't installed any Saitek drivers.

Mouse wouldnt move and system was running real slow - had to hit reset switch on on computer case - used keyboard at start - restart and windows went to blue screen saying windows is restarting but wouldnt

Rich Sennett