Sign in to follow this  
jason74

What Plane/ Addon Do You Think Is Best Ever Made For Home Flight Simulaton ?

Plane = PMDG NGX. 
Addon in general = FSUIPC.

Ian R Tyldesley

Although the PMDG NGX is awesome, the Level D 767 has stood the test of time.  Concerning the addon, I can't imagine flying a flight without Multi Crew Experience (MCE).  

Aircraft = Level D 767

General = MCE

Matt King

What I've seem in the last 12+ years that's stood the test of time:

Leonardo Maddog

iFly 737

PMDB 744

Level-D 767

Feelthere's Regional Jet series (E-Jets, ERJ, etc).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

RealAir aircraft and Flight1 GTN avionics, coupled with Orbx scenery.

Bert

Thats a tough one, there have been so many.  Maybe the greatest FS development for me is Accusim.   For all the real life flight training I've had, Accusim makes me rely on that training and learned instincts more than anything.  If you think of all the 'stuff' that a real pilot has to do and know for a successful flight, accusim covers as much that is possible within FS so far.  

If you look at the operational technique and mechanical/systems discussions on the A2A forums, they resemble the real world operational technique and mechanical/systems discussions found on real aviation forums...ie AOPA....that says something about what Accusim does.

I would have to say my over all favorite airplane is the A2A P-40.  It is a fast, powerful taildragger that requires seat of the pants flying, while also rugged enough to get into some semi bush airstrips, with system depth to keep me busy, yet not so much that I can't enjoy the Orbx scenery.  The P-40 lets my enjoy my inner 'Capt. Wild Bill Kelso' 

However all the different airplanes are different kinds of tools for different kinds of jobs.

For GA, I would have to go with the A2A Cherokee.  The Comanche is absolutely fantastic, but there is something about the little mundane Cherokee that really draws me to it for those short hops, local sight seeing, practice IFR approaches..etc.  The Cherokee's VC is one of the best in the business IMHO, a real work of art.

For magenta line long distance flying, the Turbine Duke with GTN is tough to beat, tho if/when the A2A Civil P-51 gets a GTN650 upgrade, the T Duke will get some competition.   PT6s are nice, but nothing beats the sound of a Packard Merlin V-12....except perhaps the Allison V1710.  B)

Cheers

TJ

That is the combination that got me back into FSX and loving every minute of flying the Duke.

Little movie I made showing off all three!   https://youtu.be/Ka_YyQkrKFo

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I'd agree with that, but qualify it and say just the RealAir Turbine Duke.

Can I say the set of Ray Smith's free airport scenery? IDK what my flying experience would be like without them. Outdated ILS frequencies. Missing runways. Updated terminals and taxiways. No more because of Ray!

Do not forget the FS9'rs, FSNav, Fsuipc, Bill Lyons's collection, Milton's collection, Aeroworx freeware scenery for South Africa, Avro Shackleton from the Shackleton Project..

(not everyone flies the tubes!)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

For scenery my picks are:

REX for FS9/FSX (totally changed the look of the sim, revolutionary product)

Bloom

Zinertech Water (For FS9 this along with REX extended FS9's shelf life in the looks department)

Alaska area scenery by Orbix and the series produced for FS9 (Misty Fjords, Tongass, Glacier Bay)

FSDT Airports

FlyTampa Airports

All things Orbix

FSUIPC

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2