Sign in to follow this  
yurinedisov

FSL Spotlights - anyone tried them yet?

Why are they not indicating the price anywhere?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You cannot even download the Beta version without first registering, and now 20 minutes later still haven't gotten a promised 'auto-confirmation' email...

Licensing terms and costs are supposedly in the beta package: "License purchase available in product."

NOTA BENE: Even though I never did get a 'auto-confirmation' email, Lefteris was kind enough to manually confirm me and I was able to download the demo package. I do intend to buy this if only to wish I were clever enough to figure out how to do it myself...

...but since I know my skills aren't that good, I'll enjoy another's genius!  :dance:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I got the email within seconds but the install aborts giving an error stating "An error occurred trying to rename a file in destination directory".

I tried default path and C: root path (installed as admin).

Hmm..

Mario Di Lauro

Installed fine for me. 

@tamsini :  You might check the following release note from FSLabs.  If your registry isn't pointing to the correct folder, you will get the error you mentioned.  Flight1 has a registry correcting program for free that can take care of the error.

The release note says:

This installer will search for your Flight Simulator X installation as it
is reported by the registry on your machine.  If you have moved your
Flight Simulator X installation, or if you deleted it and re-installed
in a new location without updating the registry on your computer, you
may be told by this installer that it cannot find your MSFS installation.

This looks very nice.

Apparently it is $19.

Can somebody confirm.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

No up front price information makes me have questions. Why hide the price? Makes no sense.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Since it's not a P3D product, why not move this to the FSX forum?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for the heads up. Still run FSX and got this.  Fantastic product. Definite buy when it comes to P3D.

Dwight Heyer

No up front price information makes me have questions. Why hide the price? Makes no sense.

Apparently you can buy it from within the app but that's why I'm not installing it lol.

Had a huge issue with smartCARS for FSX and took me good 30 minutes to find every registry input because when you pressed uninstall it was downloading the installer and reinstalling it again.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "MS FSX | FSX-SE Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Correct I agree strange not mentioned the price upfront, hence I find it irritating.... just skipping ;-)

André

So, do you no longer use your aircraft panel lighting switches with this?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

A run through of the program (and a look at Athens 1.5) fast forward past that to get to the FSL Spotlights bit. It's certainly a nice little add on although as with many others I totally missed the fact that you could actually buy it now. Worth a look.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I tried it with the Feelthere ERJ145. Dismal cockpit lighting to begin with. This would have made the day but  Feelthere combined the dome light with the panel back-lighting and both lighting textures will function at the same time. I think this is a fantastic add-on though. 

Dwight Heyer