Sign in to follow this  
mthornton

J41 | FMC Loses Route

Hi all,

I've recently started flying the J41 again and did the tutorial flight to get back into things which went smoothly.

I have made my own flows based on the tutorial but after I have started the engines and turned the avionics switches back on, the FMC remains off. When I turn it on, the route I have entered AND the cruise altitude figure entered on the VNAV Data page have disappeared. I can't work out what i'm doing wrong to cause this to happen?

I am loading the tutorial saved flight and then re positioning the aircraft so that it is in a cold and dark state - is that something to do with it maybe?

Thanks

It's because I was disconnecting the GPU before turning on the second generator I think. I'll give it another try later.

Haven't flown the J41 in a little while, but like you, I was thinking about returning to it. I believe you're correct; I remember having the same issue.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Avionics off. Engine 1 start geny on. GPU disconnect. Engine 2 start geny on. Avionics on.

If you pushback with engines off the GPU will disconnect which will result in fmc memory loss. I have gotten into the habit of saving the route on the fmc in case this happens.

Avionics off. Engine 1 start geny on. GPU disconnect. Engine 2 start geny on. Avionics on.

If you pushback with engines off the GPU will disconnect which will result in fmc memory loss. I have gotten into the habit of saving the route on the fmc in case this happens.

Thanks Roy, cracked it. Think i'll start saving the routes though as well just in case.

Keep in mind that almost all operators of this aircraft have parking that does not require pushback, FlightBeam airports KDEN and KIAD are examples that remain today where the regional props can move forward out of their parking spots.

Dan Downs KCRP