Sign in to follow this  
acra24

Continuous activation requirement of NGX in P3D Windows 10

Hi

Since migrating to W10 64bit whenever I load a 737NGX from the P3D menu I get the activation required box and I have to enter my serial number to proceed. This happens every time I restart P3D.  It doesn't happen when selecting the 777.  Any ideas what may be causing this? It didn't happen before the move to W10. 

Thanks

Andrew 

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Did you reinstall the SimConnect.msi files after installing win10?

Kyle Rodgers

No I didn't.  I assume from your answer that I should have. I have reinstalled it and its now working.

Many thanks.

Andrew

Hi guys

How do you reinstall the SimConnect.msi files after installing win10?

Where can I find this file to reinstall it?

Stelios

Stelios Christofides

How do you reinstall the SimConnect.msi files after installing win10?

Where can I find this file to reinstall it?

The location is included in a README file that comes with the installer (in the zip file downloaded from our site).

Kyle Rodgers

I could not find in the Readme file (see below) where is this SimConnect.msi file.:

[EULA Text Removed]

Stelios Christofides

I could not find in the Readme file (see below) where is this SimConnect.msi file.:

[EULA Text Removed]

Stelios,

You posted the entire EULA. While that does have README in the title, I think it's pretty clear that isn't what I was referring to.

When you downloaded your installer from us, it should have been downloaded as a ZIP file. Inside that ZIP file, you should see three things:

1. An installer
  2. README_PMDG_737-600-700_NGX.txt
  3. A file called FSX STEAM EDITION USERS READ ME (or P3D USERS READ ME, depending on your version)

That last one is what you need. If you do not have it, then you're likely trying to install an old/outdated version. Make sure to download a new installer from your account.

Since I just downloaded an entire installer to verify the names, I'll be extra sure and just post the README text here for you:

1) Navigate an explorer window to this folder:

<FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib

(By default the <FSX root folder> is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX)

2) Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder by double-clicking.

3) Navigate to this folder:

<FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

4) Inside this folder are three more folders that each contain a SimConnect.msi file - run all three of them.

Once you have all four steps completed, you should be all set!

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle

Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to help me. Just to clarify though, I did not purchase the FSX Steam Edition. I have purchased the Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe edition DVD.

It has the SDK Folder and  I did find the SimConnect msi installer and I executed that.

I could not find though the ....\LegasyInterfases.

Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Thanks a lot for taking the trouble to help me. Just to clarify though, I did not purchase the FSX Steam Edition. I have purchased the Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe edition DVD.

It has the SDK Folder and  I did find the SimConnect msi installer and I executed that.

I could not find though the ....\LegasyInterfases.

If you have the DVD version of FSX, then the SimConnect files should not be necessary. What you're running into is likely another error. Submit a ticket using the link in my signature and one of our tech will be able to offer some suggestions on how to resolve the issue. If you have not used the support site before, you will need to create an account there (both Log In and Register are at the top right of the page).

Kyle Rodgers