Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

RealAir Turbine Duke Stormy Pago Pago Landing (video)

Featuring the RealAir Turbine Duke and the Flight 1 GTN 750 gps along with the weather radar mod. Orbx Pago Pago, Global, Vector, Rex Texture Direct, Active Sky Next and FSX SE.

Click on YouTube, select full screen and 1080p rez. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well Paul,  Great video of this fantastic plane, very well done indeed and put together,  love the paint, were did you get it. 

Thanks Poppet, the paint is mine and I have five paints for the T Duke V2  all located at Flightsim.com just look for turbine duke and my name (name is in my artwork banner below)

Mark W  the weather radar is a gauge made by a member here and is free and it will overlay the GTN 750 screen. Here is a link to his thread about it:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459050-another-radar-gauge-for-vc-window-usage/

You will have to go into the thread several pages near the end to find the last active link to the download and a couple post in about the middle of the thread talk about the GTN install. It was very easy to do by the way and, as you can see, it works perfectly.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks Poppet, the paint is mine and I have five paints for the T Duke V2  all located at Flightsim.com just look for turbine duke and my name (name is in my artwork banner below)

Very good, well done indeed B)

Awesome video, and I never thought of using that gauge on a second GTN. What an idea. Thanks for the info.

Thanks, it works out great if you have two gtn's. You can also put it in almost any other similar sized glass panel and it comes with great instructions on how to do it. It was actually easy to do so don't be put off thinking it is complex. 

I hope to make some more Duke videos with my other paint schemes soon and very happy to have your positive comments. 

Thanks,

paul

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Would you mind posting the relevant sections of your panel.cfg.  I am trying to get this in and have the bezel but its just a black screen with no radar.  Nothing seems to be working.  thanks,

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Would you mind posting the relevant sections of your panel.cfg.  I am trying to get this in and have the bezel but its just a black screen with no radar.  Nothing seems to be working.  thanks,

Here is mine,,,now yours might start with a different number but my two GTN 750 gauges are 19 and 20.

gauge19=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 2,563,390,460,UNIT1
//gauge20=F1GTN!GTN750VC, 398,563,390,460,UNIT2 
gauge20=RolasnRadar!ORadGauge, 398,563,390,460, sweep|beam|icing|starton|UNIT2

Copy/paste the above over your two GTN 750 gauges in the panel vc section. If your computer explodes my phone is off the hook and I have left for the Islands.

Other things that could cause a black screen are not having ASN active,,not having the latest MS files as outlined in the instructions and not having the weather gauge installed in your gauges folder. Also the click points are hidden and you must move your mouse around the screen to find them. You will see you pointer turn to a hand when on a click point. I have set my gauge config to be on when master switch is on so it is always on and I don't have to search for the click spot. Other click  spots your will find will be tilt and range.

NOTE: I just noticed the post has the text "sweep|beam|icing|starton|UNIT2 " under the gauge line,,,it needs to be in line right afer the gauge line and not under. And make sure to copy it exactly as it needs the vertical bars between each word.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

It uses the ASN weather API correct? I use another weather engine so obviously it won't work with my current setup....

Anyhow, great video and thanks for posting  :rolleyes:

Cheers

Martin

You might email the author and ask if he plans to get it to work with other weather engines. I  have chatted with him and he seemed interested in helping. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks, I'll contact him. I use FSGRW and they have posted on their web page  " A weather radar API is being worked on. This will be a documented API for free usage". Unfortunately that has been posted on their web page for sometime?

Cheers

Martin

P.S. The thought of the T Real Air Duke with both the GTN750 and a weather radar...Wow!