Sign in to follow this  

Messing with Mastereffect.

After installing Reshade and a bit of tweaking, cant believe the difference. Reshade + Mastereffect make P3D a whole new ball game..Im amazed!!!!

fsx%202015-07-05%2014-03-39-129.png?dl=0

fsx%202015-07-05%2014-03-39-130.png?dl=0

fsx%202015-07-05%2014-03-39-131.png?dl=0

fsx%202015-07-05%2014-03-39-132.png?dl=0

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I still can't get the DOF effect to work! Great shots btw. Very atmospheric.

I still can't get the DOF effect to work! Great shots btw. Very atmospheric.

Thanks for the comment..it just worked for me the DOF. What problems are you having??

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Thanks for the comment..it just worked for me the DOF. What problems are you having??

Great shots - can you tell me how to import user pre-sets - I am using framework version - are you ?

Rich Sennett

Great shots - can you tell me how to import user pre-sets - I am using framework version - are you ?

I didn't import any presets, just enabled certain items in the Mastereffect.h file. I used  Reshade with SweetFX 2.0 but then deleted SweetFX to use the Mastereffect.....If that makes sense.

spacer.png

Do you think you can post your Mastereffect.h file? That would make life so much easier  :lol:

Water shot is excellent.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I didn't import any presets, just enabled certain items in the Mastereffect.h file. I used  Reshade with SweetFX 2.0 but then deleted SweetFX to use the Mastereffect.....If that makes sense.

Thanks - need to do more research on this program and what can be imported in the framework version  as it runs outside the main sim folder which is nicer

Rich Sennett

Would you mind walking thru this process as not sure what I can play with - are you using framework version and which items do you turn on in effects ordering - also I am unable to retain dx 10/11 it reverts to dx9 in menu maybe it doesnt matter - have modded the the provided dll file to dxgi.dll - would appreciate it

Rich Sennett

Would you mind walking thru this process as not sure what I can play with - are you using framework version and which items do you turn on in effects ordering - also I am unable to retain dx 10/11 it reverts to dx9 in menu maybe it doesnt matter - have modded the the provided dll file to dxgi.dll - would appreciate it

Do you still need help with this Buddy?

spacer.png

Posting amazing screenshots - great

Posting how others can replicate amazing screenshots (settings file or the tickboxs that should be ticked) - Elevated greatness !

I would love to see a comprehensive guide on how to get started with these effects. Would be really useful for those of us that have no idea where to start. :)

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Download the ReShade core, then download the MasterEffect files. The MasterEffect files work similar to SweetFX/ENB... Drop them in the sim folder, open MasterEffect.h with a text editor and start changing disabled effect to enabled by changing the zeros into ones :). Then tweak the settings further down in the file. Most settings have explanations, those that do not you can just change, save the file and the effect will update directly in the sim.

Sim Richardson (krosswynd) has a pretty awesome effect file for his shots on the Facebook page-

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity