Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Questions on SOP3

I have flown two flight on SOP3 and realize that my compact Captains flows have a bunch of mistakes and some big misinterpretation of the manual by me so I have fixed it all up and will upload to the Library very soon.

Two questions though?

After Takeoff Checklist (Normal)

At "Altimeters",  I cannot get the checklist to move ahead.  If I say "CLIMBING FLIGHT LEVEL 290 SET"  it shows on the green bar but the FO does nothing.  Only if I say "SET AND CHECKED" will he close the checklist.

On the After Takeoff Checklist (Bleeds off).

FO says "Waiting for Alitmeters" but never does anything else and the FS2Crew mode rolls over to "DESCENT CHECKLIST"

I am doing something wrong here?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have flown two flight on SOP3 and realize that my compact Captains flows have a bunch of mistakes and some big misinterpretation of the manual by me so I have fixed it all up and will upload to the Library very soon.

Two questions though?

After Takeoff Checklist (Normal)

At "Altimeters",  I cannot get the checklist to move ahead.  If I say "CLIMBING FLIGHT LEVEL 290 SET"  it shows on the green bar but the FO does nothing.  Only if I say "SET AND CHECKED" will he close the checklist.

On the After Takeoff Checklist (Bleeds off).

FO says "Waiting for Alitmeters" but never does anything else and the FS2Crew mode rolls over to "DESCENT CHECKLIST"

I am doing something wrong here?

Hi Mark,

1. Is the Trans Alt and your MCP altitude the same in that scenario?  Example, TA is 18000 feet and MCP alt is also set to 18,000 feet.

I spent a week on my SOP3 flows, the "problem " I found was as its Ryanair and imo the SOP is unique to them, that in the UK and Europe TA are around 5000ft- 6000ft, so if you on a noise abatement 2 it's all a bit ....we'll, I found "set and check" the best option right or wrong

If TA was 18,000 then it would not be a problem. 5000ft with noise abatement 2 then flaps up and cleaned up speed etc all below 5000ft.

IMO only use SOP3 when flying Ryanir

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Mark,

1. Is the Trans Alt and your MCP altitude the same in that scenario?  Example, TA is 18000 feet and MCP alt is also set to 18,000 feet.

No I don't believe so.  I think what may have happened is I had the TA at 18000 in the FMC but the MCP was at 10,000 ft because I was saying it before actually moving the MCP up to 29000

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

No I don't believe so.  I think what may have happened is I had the TA at 18000 in the FMC but the MCP was at 10,000 ft because I was saying it before actually moving the MCP up to 29000

The FO should "hold at altimeters" until you've been cleared above the Trans Alt.

So if your MCP Alt is lower than the TA, FS2crew assumes you have not been cleared by ATC above the TA.

The FO should then prompt you for Altimeters as described in the manual (page 22).

OK thanks.  Going to run another SOP3 flight today and will check it out.

By the way.....is SOP pronounced S - O - P (individual letters) or SOP as one word ?  I always say it as letters and think that may be incorrect.

Mark W   CYYZ      

SOP 3 is great a real hands on SOP. Let us all know how your fight went Mark.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It all went well. My only problem was on final when I called "Flaps 15, Gear Down, Landing Checklist to Flaps" the FO did not understand even though it was correctly written out on the green bar (btw, doing this from memory now so not sure if Gear or Flaps is first).  I did say it correctly.  Anyway, gave me the opportunity to do a go around and then came back in to land.  No problem with FO understanding second time around.

Mark W   CYYZ      

Good stuff Mark  :BigGrin:

By the way.....is SOP pronounced S - O - P (individual letters) or SOP as one word ?  I always say it as letters and think that may be incorrect.

I've heard it both ways.  I don't think there is any right or wrong.

My only problem was on final when I called "Flaps 15, Gear Down, Landing Checklist to Flaps" the FO did not understand even though it was correctly written out on the green bar (btw, doing this from memory now so not sure if Gear or Flaps is first). I did say it correctly

@Bryan

I had the same problem!

I called for GEAR DOWN - FLAPS 15

In the green bar the right word or sentence appeared, but no word or reaction from the FO!

Maybe something is wrong here Bryan or maybe I did something wrong?

Robert

@Bryan

I did an other flight today and the same problem occurred!

I get stucked at GEAR DOWN FLAPS 15 but I see the right words in the green bar!

Only no response from the FO!

I am not able to finish the landing checklist!

Can you help me?

Kind regards Robert

Yes I can concur you have to say it as above its not like SOP1

Once called the right way, the checklist is then finished after final flaps and green light, landing lights on. " complete the check list"

It the very reason I do my flows but hey........I try to help but, you can lead a horse to water but......:)