Sign in to follow this  
Bloodbunny

Maddening Lag Spikes after takeoff

I am using the Corsair K50, what is the solution to this driver issue?

Edit; I hope it is not removing the driver. After uninstalling the driver, I now have no "G" Keys and it seems no freezing either. 

Completely remove the driver and any traces of it.  Get the new software and possibly a keyboard bios update. 

Make sure you follow the directions regarding the 2 plugs and USB 2.0 and 3.0 ( 2 plugs for USB 2, 1 for USB 3)

If that doesn't work you'll have to contact their support ( good luck)

Also note a bad macro can cause "flooding" IE you are sending constant input and flood the games input buffers   =  stuttering

Just on a hunch, I tried disabling UTX and flying with just OrbX and Vector.. No lag spikes at all. So I cranked up the sliders to the highest, max autogen, traffic, etc.. and still ginned along with a steady locked 30 fps and no lag spikes. I'm not sure if UTX was the sole culprit, or just the straw that broke the camel's back, but FSX is smooth as glass now.

This is good, but disappointing as well.. because I love UTX, and ran it (medium sliders) with no problems back when I had a GTX 285, and no overclock. How is the performance for UTX 2.0? I can get it for 15 bucks, so it may be worth a try regardless, I just hope it dances well with Vector.

Completely remove the driver and any traces of it.  Get the new software and possibly a keyboard bios update. 

Make sure you follow the directions regarding the 2 plugs and USB 2.0 and 3.0 ( 2 plugs for USB 2, 1 for USB 3)

If that doesn't work you'll have to contact their support ( good luck)

Also note a bad macro can cause "flooding" IE you are sending constant input and flood the games input buffers   =  stuttering

At this point I have removed the driver and it is amazing, no stutters and no freezing. Thanks for your response, will give it a go.

UTX, Vector, any scenery program that adds detail is going to be a big drag on your system. Default scenery is very basic and there is a big difference in performance.