Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

New Logo?

So today while I was browsing, I noticed that AVSIM has changed its logo again! I am personally very fond of the new Donate logo and font-type but both are nice. Any reason for the change? 

avsim_donate.gif

banner1.png

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

No reason for the change.  Chase made the changes and I think it looks great!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So I must brake the ice... I don't like the new logo, neither the symbol, neither the font. Do I have the green light to do my version of the logo?  :P

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Chase made the changes and I think it looks great!

I agree! Looks much more modern and flat which is the new logo design language that alot of companies, especially in the tech sector, are using. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

+1.  Very nice change and modern looking.  Good choice.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Thank you gentlemen, I was just having a bit of fun last night in Photoshop.

So I must brake the ice... I don't like the new logo, neither the symbol, neither the font. Do I have the green light to do my version of the logo?  :P

Hey, I'm open minded... Send me what you got.

Hey, I'm open minded... Send me what you got.

No probs Chase, I will do my vision of the logo tomorrow.

cheers

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Two examples of the logo, as I promised. I have few more ideas, just shout if you would like to see more examples.  B)

example01_zpsgdkffitz.png

example02_zps8utkliyk.png

I prefer second, although the background color isn't original.

They're awesome Pe11e!!!!!!!!!!!! The "A" looks a bit like Airbus' though. Cue law suit.... :)

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

They're awesome Pe11e!!!!!!!!!!!! The "A" looks a bit like Airbus' though. Cue law suit.... :)

Thanks!

A is similiar, yes, didn't noticed that, but it's not exactly the same. :)

AIRBUS_3D_Blue_Strap_V2_s.png

Very nice, I like the first one. Do you mind if we use your Tail fin and AVSIM design? Can you email me the PSD? Would love to slap it up there and see how it looks ;)

Yeah sorry Chase, but Pe11es logos are better. Any of the two would be fine.

Hi,

I like the first one myself, not crazy about the new logo here at AVSIM... Just my personal taste Chase, I appreciate everything you guys do here at AVSIM.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I'd be remiss if I didn't accept constructive criticism :)

After looking at his then mine, I really like his font, and layer style better.