Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

P3D 4 core users check this out

After spending good money on 4790k and gtx980 to run P3d and still get stutters, am willing to try any config. I'll set these up in Simstarter tonight. Thanks Rich!!!!

Will try your config to NyxxUk!

I have the same as you and I too get stutters, but I am willing to go out on a limb and say that this has more to do with add-ons and settings, with me favoring settings in P3D specifically.   Bump the settings down a little (or take the defaults from P3D by nuking the cfg file and startting over).  This is a safer option than adding more to an already existent cfg, because if an add-on is causing problems or the cfg has erroneous issues already that you may overlook, you could end up worse than when you started (which I have done in the past admittedly). 

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=84

[Display]

WideViewAspect=True

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.4

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4 

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.4 

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.4

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10

HIDEINFOTEXT=1

[TERRAIN]

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

UseGlobalTerrainView=True

[sIM]

OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

[Weather]

OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1

I stand by these with HT ON.

A lot are just for display like the landing lights and no info e.g no BRAKE in red etc on your screen. I would class the above as basic.

Rich likes to share and that can only be a good thing. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I stand by these with HT ON.

What works for one may not work for others - cant count the times that others have posted tweaks that did nothing for me - so all you can do is try it - no magic bullet - thanks Dave

Dave what is the runway light changes all about - whats the difference

Rich Sennett

Interested about this tweak...Any info about it?

[Weather]
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Hi Rich,

I added those that were missing from my cfg file and am currently flying over China. So far I see no ill affects and things appear to be running ultra smooth.

My advise to those that gave advise not to tweak: tweak away all you want and more...assuming one backs up their current configurations should a problem arise.

Tweak, tweak, tweak. It's so much fun.  :lol: 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Hi Rich,

I added those that were missing from my cfg file and am currently flying over China. So far I see no ill affects and things appear to be running ultra smooth.

Tweak, tweak, tweak. It's so much fun.  :lol:

Yah pretty cool Greg - never smoother for me

Rich Sennett

Hi,

Hey rich, I have some 4790k's, I'll give it a shot.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Hey rich, I have some 4790k's, I'll give it a shot.

Wont hurt Mike - hope all is well

Rich Sennett

It never hurts, if it goes wrong just delete and make a freash one. You never know what will work for you if you never try these things yourself.

Rich, it changers the light sizes and makes them a lot more realistic, try it

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It never hurts, if it goes wrong just delete and make a freash one. You never know what will work for you if you never try these things yourself.

Rich, it changers the light sizes and makes them a lot more realistic, try it

Thanks Dave :)

Rich Sennett

Richard's posts got me onto P3D then and Re-shade...for me he is the P3D messiah lol. Gonna try those tweaks bud. :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Richard's posts got me onto P3D then and Re-shade...for me he is the P3D messiah lol. Gonna try those tweaks bud. :)

AH Thanks Brother very nice of you - using reshade framework now - pretty cool as it runs outside of P3D folder which is nice just not sure about all of the settings :)

Rich Sennett

AH Thanks Brother very nice of you - using reshade framework now - pretty cool as it runs outside of P3D folder which is nice just not sure about all of the settings :)

Neither am I, what to do open up P3D, then change each of the settings from the Mastereffect.h file from 0 to 1 then save, if you like..... keep..if not change from 1 to  0 ....then save  the txt file....Simple lol :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Neither am I, what to do open up P3D, then change each of the settings from the Mastereffect.h file from 0 to 1 then save, if you like..... keep..if not change from 1 to  0 ....then save  the txt file....Simple lol :)

Care to send me your file - so I can see what your talking about - you mean you do not touch framework settings at all - are you using reshade framework at all ?

Rich Sennett

I have the same as you and I too get stutters, but I am willing to go out on a limb and say that this has more to do with add-ons and settings, with me favoring settings in P3D specifically.

I do agree with you on this Jim but when some simmers say their sim is smooth, with sliders almost max out and have a lesser cpu an gpu that gets me to tweaking. Using Simstarter and Simconfigbackup by Capt Pero makes tweaking a little easier.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV