Sign in to follow this  
JNS

Very frustrated! Really liked P3D until now.

I finally installed P3D 2.5  on a separate drive with its own Windows 7 and was very impressed.....until now.  I'm using CH FlightSim Yoke and CH Pro Pedals.  I have done all of the setups (NI, .cfg, P3D settings) and was going to take a flight to check out everything. Now the problem:  I can't get P3D to remember any of my button settings.  Everytime I shut down a flight it goes back to, apparently, the default settings.  I've tried deleting assignments before I reassign a button, but that doesn't work either.  This seems like it would be Programming 101 to have the assignments remembered. 

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not.  I've searched and seen others with the same problem, but never have seen a definitive solution.  I don't know how the rest of you are even using this sim with this problem.

I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to get my button assignments to be remembered.  It's hard to believe that LM could let something like this slip by.  That's why I keep thinking I'm just missing something.  I've used MSFS for years with no problem with assignments..

Thanks very much in advance.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Hmm - sounds weird...

Have you tried running P3D as Administrator? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thanks for the reply, Anders.  Yes, everytime I run it as Administrator.  I really can't believe something this simple is not working.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Yes.  I have the paid version.  I guess that may be my next approach, but it I can't believe that LM doesn't have this right.  I'm just wondering if everyone else is having to use FSUIPC, too.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

I am having a problem with my saitek X52 Pro not holding a CERTAIN key command ,mainly the virtual cockpit shortcut,I have uninstalled drivers reinstalled drivers but this one command (all others seem to work ) will not function,it seems to be since I performed the last hot fix!,it has always worked fine up till then,I am thinking of carrying out P3d repair,I have never had an issue with P3d not responding before,I have a paid version of FSUIPC but have not used it,P3d and Saitek worked well together up till now 

peter

Although I don't have the problems, an option for you might be to save your settings and import them every time.. I do that because I use CH yoke and thrustmaster and switch when I fly Airbus or Boeing....

Once you program them through FSUIPC, you'll, almost certainly, never go back.  There's more flexibility there.  FSX used to forget which controller was which on my rig a long time ago so I switched to using FSUIPC and never had the problem again.  A few days ago, I installed P3D 2.5 and the first thing I did was disable the controls and go into FSUIPC and set them up. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yes.  I have the paid version.  I guess that may be my next approach, but it I can't believe that LM doesn't have this right.  I'm just wondering if everyone else is having to use FSUIPC, too.

Jeff

I use FSUIPC4 to, and have all buttons and joysticks assigned and calibrated. And yes do have this problem of p3d controls settings getting reset,

same as isaiah suggested export your settings and import when they get altered. Not to sure what causes this , unpluging a device or just some re - assignment in fsuipc4 or in my case perhaps a adjustment of a camera view in ezdoc,

bob

Could be when you set your controls up they are not saved over the actual P3D files and are maybe saved to a temp folder instead, possibly due to insufficient permissions on the

"C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls"

folder.

However, I can't think how that can happen on a standard install of P3D unless some kind of mess with the Windows user profile had arisen at some stage earlier.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks to all of you.  I will go to FSUIPC and try that.  First I'll try the export/import thing.  This is all sooo disappointing.  LM should have been able to prevent this kind of stuff.  I don't have a fancy setup and it's a fresh install of everything....drive, Windows, P3D, no add-ons.  I just don't understand it.  I never had this problem in FSX.

Jeff Smith

I had the same problem with P3D. This is what worked for me:

Start P3D and go to the controller settings. Delete all axis assignments. Exit P3D and restart it. When I now assign all the axis it also remembers any new button assignments. Hope this helps.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I recently started using FSUIPC for my axis and button assignment and will never go back back to the P3D utility.

Could be when you set your controls up they are not saved over the actual P3D files and are maybe saved to a temp folder instead, possibly due to insufficient permissions on the"C:\Users\[you]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Controls"folder.However, I can't think how that can happen on a standard install of P3D unless some kind of mess with the Windows user profile had arisen at some stage earlier.

Thanks for your reply SteveW, I have always followed you advice on permissions on all your post but I will check again.

bob

Thanks to everyone for their responses.  Carlito, I'm getting ready to try your trick and see what happens.  I hope it's that easy.  Thanks.

Jeff

Jeff Smith