Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

If you have OOMs you might try this

First of all, I never get OOMs, so even though I installed this free trial program, I can't prove that it works or not to drastically reduce or cure OOMs, but a couple of P3D users on Facebook yesterday, claim that it works great. The person that first posted about it working, said he tried  the 30 day free trial, prior to which he got OOMs and just about every flight. As soon as he installed this product, his OOMs went away. Apparently the 30 day free trial has more features, some of which are stopped at the end of the 30 days, but the core program remains to use for free. He said that when the 30 days were up he started getting some OOMs again, so he purchased the product and as soon as he did , the OOMS stopped.  I downloaded it yesterday and it has some really cool features where it lets you set the priority for the processor to run for different programs that are running real time. My P3D was set on low, and I changed it to high. It also has a ram memory feature which I turned on as well as a gaming mode which I turned on.  Might be worth checking out, in installs really easily, has a great UI, and will even show you the amount of ram you are using and the core activity of your CPU real time.  Would be interesting to see how many P3D users that try it, get a reduction or a cure for their OOMs

https://bitsum.com/processlasso/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This does nothing for our Oom issues.

Type Proces Lasso in search and you will find all the info you need to know here at the Avsim P3D forum.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This does nothing for our Oom issues.

Type Proces Lasso in search and you will find all the info you need to know here at the Avsim P3D forum.

I did search before I posted this, but I guess I misspelled it.  The program still has some nice features in my opinion. These two people on Facebook yesterday claimed that it pretty much cured the constant OOMs they were getting. As I said, might be worth a try, easy to install, uninstall, start and stop and it's free to try. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

was getting out of memory within 2 minutes ,anyway thanks for sharing ,not working for me

No Im not lucky ....i am  blessed

:rolleyes: Giogio  A. 

i7-4790K@4.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM @ 2400, GEFORCE GTX 980,  2x 500GB Samsung 840 Evo Pro, 2 TB   SAMSUNG , CORSAIR  CX750M ,PHILIP  ULTRA HD 4 K MONITOR 

I flew a couple of 2 hour flights with Process Lasso and what it did on my system is starting causing occasional audio stutters in P3D.  I uninstalled it.    B)

I'll stick with Process Explorer, still free, and provides lots of ways to look at system memory, VAS, I/O, and video activity as well as ability to assign affinity or priority of any running process on the fly. It's the only thing I include in my startup folder.

Dan Downs KCRP

Process Lasso is a great program BUT you have to understand what it can do and what it can't AND spend time setting it up correctly for the main software you choose to run (P3D.)