Sign in to follow this  
Retroguy

Problems with TSS Turbine Installation

Hi all,

I have purchased the DC10 HD version and i opted to change the sound file for the TSS CF6 sound package the read me indicates to remove the original sound file from the aircraft you wan to change the file of thats what i did and replaced it with the sound file from TSS when i restarted fsx the sound is totally gone now for some reason any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the CS767 and replaced the sound file it worked fine but not with the DC10 which looks really good btw 

Hi all,

I have purchased the DC10 HD version and i opted to change the sound file for the TSS CF6 sound package the read me indicates to remove the original sound file from the aircraft you wan to change the file of thats what i did and replaced it with the sound file from TSS when i restarted fsx 

Gone because the names of the sound files have to be the exact description with many of these addon sounds they are not named the same and you have to pick from the new sounds and rename them to the original names created by aircraft developer - its a pain but I know no of other way

Rich Sennett

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply, I was just looking through the DC10 files in simobjects the sound files only contain the sound CFG files cant see the individual files for some reason, but what your saying is i need to rename all the individual files contained within the folder the same as the one i deleted the original like?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply, I was just looking through the DC10 files in simobjects the sound files only contain the sound CFG files cant see the individual files for some reason, but what your saying is i need to rename all the individual files contained within the folder the same as the one i deleted the original like?

Yup you need to reinstall the original aircraft again to get them back and then the fun begins real pia - as these are generic because TTS doesnt know which aircraft you are going to use has generic file names - sometimes you get lucky 

Rich Sennett

Ok i have sorted it what i done was left the original sound file in renamed it and put in the new sounds an renamed that "sound" lol seems to have worked!!! thx for your help

Ok i have sorted it what i done was left the original sound file in renamed it and put in the new sounds an renamed that "sound" lol seems to have worked!!! thx for your help

Welcome yup thats about it but matching up the files can be a bit consuming - also have noticed lately that some developers are using TTS sounds all ready so you could buy them for nothing fyi

Rich Sennett