Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Strange Flashing In The Sky

I'm getting this strange flashing thing in the Sky,  any ideas?      

I fly Prepar3d V2....60 (latest hotfix) 

I use Active Sky Next, build 5689.  I have not updated the 5689 to the latest update because when i do Active Sky Next keeps crashing,  so i reverted back to the first release of 5689

Using Rex-Texture 

Orbtx Dublin Ireland

This was flashing when the pic was taken pic,   There was lightning at the time,  its like the lightning just couldn't stop

19643286254_fd34271c12_b.jpg

Orbtx Galway Ireland

Flashing as well.  Aliens i think

20239669036_8cc5066348_b.jpg

When the flashing started, i x out of Active Sky Next,  but the flashing continued

20265926785_432e9b133f_b.jpg

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it looks like some strange halo effect from PAPI lights.  I'd had some odd issues with those at a couple of airports from UK2000 coupled with ORBX scenery, not that that has anything to do with your issue but the first image shows some geometric commonalities.  Initially, I thought they would be more in line with what I noticed last night while flying over England in P3D, whereby if I panned down to my panels in the VC and then panned back up, the HDR lighting caused the shy to be a lot brighter than it was, but after waiting a few seconds, the sky looked more normal.

Pretty odd..

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi Poppet,

I've seen shots like those from P3Dv2 users who are running in SLI mode - are you by any chance?

Regards,

Paul.

Paul Davies.

Thank you Jim and Paul for your reply's.   Yes i'm running Sli,  i'm going to roll back a driver and see what happens.  Will report back then 

Yeah, definitely artifacts caused by SLI. I dont think rolling back will fix it, it needs attention from Nvidia and/or L-M. 

I've seen shots like those from P3Dv2 users who are running in SLI mode - are you by any chance?

Yeah, definitely artifacts caused by SLI. I dont think rolling back will fix it, it needs attention from Nvidia and/or L-M. 

Yes correct,  i rolled back to 347.88 (non Sli driver) and the flashing stopped so i'm off to do some homework,  will report back.  

Elaine -

Tose are the "artifacts" that some SLI users see. I don't get them. try setting your aa to 8xcsaa and see if it helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/w6613y896mwljjy/353Settings.zip

try these.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Great Vic, thank you, I will try that when I get home. Vic when I'm setting up my settings, I first set my P3D panel settings and then my Nvidea inspector settings, I don't touch my Nvidea Control panel as the Inspector does that automatically yes?

Yes correct,  i rolled back to 347.88 (non Sli driver) and the flashing stopped so i'm off to do some homework,  will report back.  

Did you remember to clear the shader cache ? Its needed for every driver change, P3D update or tweak to shader files - and in fact i do it regularly anyway just to clean out the clutter.

Great Vic, thank you, I will try that when I get home. Vic when I'm setting up my settings, I first set my P3D panel settings and then my Nvidea inspector settings, I don't touch my Nvidea Control panel as the Inspector does that automatically yes?

Yes - I start with NVCP just to be sure the SLI is ENABLED. Then I close it and set up NI. Then doublecheck my P3D settings. That's it.

These settings have worked for me and many others in removing the light artifacts, however, they do not work on all systems and so far have not been able to track down why. Hope it works for you.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Maybe aliens?????????? B) ^_^

Mamush

The same thing i was thinking when first seeing this topic. :lol: :o

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Aww you SLI users get all the best psychedelics! :(

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Maybe aliens?????????? B) ^_^

Mamush

Foo fighters, lol.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

in fact i do it regularly anyway just to clean out the clutter

As do I. I've even set up a batch file--with a shortcut on the start menu--that does it with one click. Give this is a shot:

"del "C:\Users\ [your windows username] \AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders\*.*?"

Store it in your Windows folder or somewhere where it won't get lost or deleted if you do a reinstall. Lastly, you can set up the shortcut so that it uses the P3D icon so that the shortcut looks all purdy on your start menu...